On the Start of Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edricks

Gray-bearded Member
Winter is full upon us now with the snow swirling around outside and, as Jeremy has gone away for the holidays, I am the keeper of Nooblet until he returns.

So, everyone is settling down for the winter (aside from Mouse, who I don't think really cares what's happening outside as long as she's got warn sawdust to burry her snakey little self in).Noob did his obligatory protest to being stuck in a 20 gal for the 2 weeks Jeremy is gone by promptly pooping twice in the space of 24 hours. Tough cookies for him. It's temporary and he's only supposed to be sleeping anyway. He then took pleasure in sleeping with his belly to the glass to show off the lovely poop smear there.

D has been in a state of semi-brumation since he got his new big tank and with it, his stick. He loves that stick. For the past year thi dragon has had about as much movement as a sloth and hasn't eaten much of anything at all. Twice the vet gave him a clean bill of health and a head scratch at his prolonged sleep, so this years brumation doesn't change a whole lot for Twiggy, as we affectionately call him.

Loiosh is getting irritated with me that I keep waking her for soaks. Not that she'd ever admit that she drinks like she's never gonna see it again durring those soaks, but we dont contradict her. Anyway, she's now moved her box into the corner with the door facing away from me and only her nose sticking out. I think it's a message.

They still get let out to stretch if they wish. Mostly it's Noob who wishes, and takes off across the carpet like the devil is on his tail, which inevitably happens when the cat chases the movement, then it becomes a game of who can stalk who better. (I'm not joking, I watched them for 15 minutes slowly circle each other).

All in all.... another very scaley Christmas. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom