OMG! Stealth Roaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

quigleysmom

Juvie Member
I got the surprise of my life this morning. We got our new beardie along with 100 turkish roaches at a reptile expo about a month ago. I dumped some of the small ones in with our new guy and he was interested the first feeding but ignored them from then on. I thought I had removed all the roaches and placed them back in the bin. I have not tried him with them since and have just been leaving the bin alone except for feeding and watering. Well evediently my fake branch has a small hollow place on the inside and the roaches were hiding in there and coming out at night to eat. I found 3 as big as my thumb this morning. Makes me wonder how many were in there this whole time and is that why my beardie never seemed to eat very much, but is still gaining weight. I don't think they will have bred in the hollow, but they probably like the heat. I am just concerned if they chew on beardies like crickets do or not.

Gail

BD.org Addict
I don't think they chew on dragon like crickets do but it might be a good idea to leave a little bit of greens in the viv overnight for the roaches to nibble on.

jon21388

Juvie Member
I have never had a problem with left over roaches chewing on my beardies. Roaches go for the dark places usually under logs or such.

quigleysmom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I always leave fresh salad at night so if he wakes up before we turn the lights on he has something to eat so I guess they have been eating that stuff. He was so skinny when we first brought him home. Now he has the classic beardie belly, but on a much smaller scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom