OMG Craigslist rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

warnisha

Juvie Member
So, I am looking on craigslist for the heck of it (i know I know not good) and I see this posting Bearded dragon will trade for meat processing equipment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY?????????? OMG I am so frustrated right now!!! What is wrong with people?????? Honestly! The ad says I have a leatherback I am looking to trade for a good meat smoker, meat slicer, or dehydrator!!!!! ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Gail

BD.org Addict
Really not anything wrong with that unless the dragon is unhealthy. Could be that they are just in a tight situation and don't have much in the way of money and really need something to help process wild game.
I see a lot of trading like that where I live. At least they aren't looking for a Xbox.

warnisha

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yeah I guess I can see that point but in my mind I can't imagine doing that with one of my "Kids" but that is me!!!!! I understand selling things to help with the finances and honestly it could be they own a business and that is something they have to have and I get it. I really do. Just upset me seeing a living creature up for trade!!!

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
warnisha":xxjtxrr8 said:
Yeah I guess I can see that point but in my mind I can't imagine doing that with one of my "Kids" but that is me!!!!! I understand selling things to help with the finances and honestly it could be they own a business and that is something they have to have and I get it. I really do. Just upset me seeing a living creature up for trade!!!

think about it this way though- obviously the guy is a poor beardie owner and it's better for the animal to be rehomed.

warnisha

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yep I do understand that I really do....just makes me sad for the beardie but hopefully he will get a good home where he is well taken care of. I know shouldn't make a snap judgement because we all fall in those times and you have to do what you have to do for the family! Hopefully no one thinks I am too judgmental it just makes me sad to think he will have to leave a home he is used to and readjust! Maybe I am just too sentimental lately! lol!

Holo

Seems to me it's the smart thing to do if they no longer want to put the time into it. Swap one hobby for another rather than being detrimental to his BD.

jnesbitt82

This reminds me of a Craigslist ad I seen around Christmas. A young woman was looking for someone to give her a bearded dragon with everything needed to raise it. The catch, he had to be a vegetarian bearded dragon! No crickets or worms allowed! :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom