Older Gal Won't Poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Targ

Hey everyone! Super thankful for this forum. I have a new bearded dragon named Merlin, and I am guessing that she is around 4-5 years old. She has a bit of trouble getting around, but I love her! The breeder I bought her from said that she can have problems pooping sometimes, and it's been around a week now with no poo.

Set up: 40 gal, basking 100-110, cool side 70-80, plenty of furniture, hammock. Basking lamp only a few inches away from basking spot.

How can I get this girl to pass a poop? I have read about olive oil doing the trick, and for the past few days I've dipped some hornworms into olive oil and fed them to her! She gobbled them up. Trying to coat as much of her food with olive oil as possible. I've also read of prune baby food and pumpkin as well (hope she goes for those).

I've also been giving baths. She hates them, but when she settles down I go to massage her belly but still nothing. Should I let her run around the entire length of my bath tub? Just want to get my girl cleared out! Thanks all.

Larry had this problem a while ago. I would stay away from too much oil bc in our case it didn’t help. What I did was fill the bathtub with just enough water that he couldn’t stand but would swim let her take a few laps swimming and then support her belly feel it out and if she hasn’t pooped yet let her do a few more laps. This worked perfectly with Larry just make sure not to move an eye off of them as it only take a second for something to go wrong. Swimming works best in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom