Older dragon and safer enclosure question

Hi I have a 9 yr old dragon.
Recently if he’s up on his basking area or rocks he falls over on his back often when trying to get down.
Does anyone know of a vivarium set up I could use that would keep him safe and more level with his lighting and basking set up correctly as well.
Thanks

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
Hi I have a 9 yr old dragon.
Recently if he’s up on his basking area or rocks he falls over on his back often when trying to get down.
Does anyone know of a vivarium set up I could use that would keep him safe and more level with his lighting and basking set up correctly as well.
Thanks
Apart from the bearded dragon falling on his back, have you observed anything else?
There can be several possible reasons for it, disease can be one of them but also stress, trauma, etc. Do you have a regular reptile vet that you go to take your bearded dragon? I'm afraid it can be difficult to really determine the reason for the unusual behaviour without a thorough examination. Hopefully this website may help you with your beardie’s enclosure Beginners Guide To Reptile Care | Pet Better with Pet Circle

Last edited:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
You could use excavator soil to make a flat top mound and ramps wide enough for him to traverse safely. It's a little messy mixing it up but after it hardens it isn't that bad.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aside from the good advice already given you could also use a few old rolled up towels or just lower all his basking platforms. Although 9 yrs. isn't young, it's not all that old either. Of course every dragon is different so health problems can pop up at almost any age. If it's warm in your area take him out in the sun for some real uvb. You can sit with him on your lap or in the grass [ if it's really warm ]

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom