Older Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

PastelBeardie

Juvie Member
I'm getting a little concerned about Jayden, my 10 year old Beardie. He still eats crickets off my hands, but seldom chases them any more. He moves around his viv, but he's not that energetic. He doesn't seem ill in any way, just not as active as he used to be. Is this normal with older beardies?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I'm getting a little concerned about Jayden, my 10 year old Beardie. He still eats crickets off my hands, but seldom chases them any more. He moves around his viv, but he's not that energetic. He doesn't seem ill in any way, just not as active as he used to be. Is this normal with older beardies?
I would say so --- hes getting up there - we always ask this what are you using for a UVB? How old is the UVB? Is he eating salads?

PastelBeardie

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He doesn't eat much salad, even though I put them in front of him every day. He will eat bugs, but doesn't want to chase them very much any more. I use a Reptisun 10 bulb, and it's less than 6 months old. He's not thin, but he isn't as robust as he used to be, probably because he's eating less. :(

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He doesn't eat much salad, even though I put them in front of him every day. He will eat bugs, but doesn't want to chase them very much any more. I use a Reptisun 10 bulb, and it's less than 6 months old. He's not thin, but he isn't as robust as he used to be, probably because he's eating less. :(
Have you had a fecal done for parasites? I would take one in and have it tested just to rule them out--- if the count is high it will cause them not to eat ---- NO enemas -- take the fecal in drop it off have them test it go from there - then we can go from there -- make sure the UVB is properly placed and correct distance this is extremely important T 5's and T 8's have different placement and distance requirements

PastelBeardie

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Have you had a fecal done for parasites? I would take one in and have it tested just to rule them out--- if the count is high it will cause them not to eat ---- NO enemas -- take the fecal in drop it off have them test it go from there - then we can go from there -- make sure the UVB is properly placed and correct distance this is extremely important T 5's and T 8's have different placement and distance requirements
OK, thanks. I can do the fecal the next time he has a poo. I didn't think of that.

The UVB light is in the same place at the same distance that's it's always been, so there's no change there.

I'm hoping maybe there is something that can increase his energy and appetite a little bit.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
OK, thanks. I can do the fecal the next time he has a poo. I didn't think of that.

The UVB light is in the same place at the same distance that's it's always been, so there's no change there.

I'm hoping maybe there is something that can increase his energy and appetite a little bit.
If the parasite count is high thats going to cause lack of appetite and energy -- I would get that done first and go from there ---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom