Old Beardie New Tricks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeusAlmighty

Hatchling Member
Hey guys. For those of you who aren't familiar with Zeus he is my 4 year old drag. :D In the years I have raised him he a rarely confused me with his behavior but just recently he has started scratching at his glass on the tank when no one is in the room. If I walk into the room and go near his tank he will look up at me and stare at me for a while as long as I keep his attention, but if that is lost, he will return to scratching the tank. I have tried to let him out of his tank to run around (I figured he maybe wanted to stretch his legs) but after he runs around and goes back in his cage he may still return to scratchin. I also have checked temps in the entire tank and they are all normal. Heres a link to a vid of him scratching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EAV2aHXt8M
He will stop this for a while if I give him a few Super's but I think they just distract him more than anything. :cry:

Help!!!

Edit: Zeus danced around his cage again scratching today. I really did not believe that he was now seeing his shadow after such a long time, but I put up little crappy backgroud sheets to just test and see if he still did it. He did and then started baking on his logs :p I am starting to think he is just goofing around now.

DSCF0002.jpg

LoLo1010

My Sandy shows this behaviour as well. I open his door and he will either sit there and look about or come out for a while and have a wander round. I think he just likes to have the option to come and go.

OR

Is he seeing his shadow on the wall and thinking it's another Beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom