Okay WHY is my beardie going to town on biscuits??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaxtor99

Hatchling Member
Alright, Alright... I know I'm gonna get yelled at by someone here.

But it's the first time I ever gave him anything that isn't supposedly "good" for him.

I was curious.

I put a very small piece of a biscuit I was eating on his log in front of him, thinking that he surely wouldn't eat it. I mean after all, he eats very little of the fresh mustard and collard greens I give him daily.

But to my surprise he snatched it up quickly and swallowed it like it was the best thing he ever ate. Sooo, one more little piece just to see if he did indeed like it. He took it from my fingers before I could even sit it on the log.

WHY would a bearded dragon seem to go so nuts over a bread product like a cooked biscuit? I assume because to him its a "junk food" as a fast food burger or potato chips are to you and I. But is this very small amount really a BIG risk to him? Or is it merely just not that good for him?

Thanks for your input, and please take it easy on me, hehe.

- Zaxx

wes

Juvie Member
That's hilarious. He probably wants gravy with it next time.

No, there is no risk. The Beautiful Dragons nutrition website recommends bread for hiding medicine in, but it's also listed as questionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom