Okay so it's been a LONG time since khaleesi Pooed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vualk

I've been giving her baths Every day and massaging her belly and still nothing...

She has been eating every day still... I got all of my lighting and things correct but I am started to get concerned again...

She is still laying around all day limping. Around when she does move..

I read that mixing a few drops of oil and hunny into baby food prunes should do the trick gonna try this .

But can someone confirm the mixture??

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How long has it been ? Yes, that is the right stuff. :) Other things you can use are plain canned pumpkin, sugar free applesauce, baby food squash or sweet potato.
Don't do too much belly rubbing, that can actually irritate them as well as too many baths. She'll go when you least expect it....

Vualk

Original Poster
She is not going to eat this willingly .. about how much should I give her to get her to do the business in miligrams?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She may actually like some of it, some dragons love the taste of honey, some like the other options. If she likes it she'll lick it right up. Just a few ml's will help her out. When you do give her a bath, make it extra warm and a bit deeper. The warmer water can sometimes do the trick as well.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, those are good. Mix a little raw honey in and see if she'll lap it up. I know this is frustrating for you but she can get better. I know you want your lively dragon back.

Vualk

Original Poster
AHBD":5tlkhfy3 said:
Yes, those are good. Mix a little raw honey in and see if she'll lap it up. I know this is frustrating for you but she can get better. I know you want your lively dragon back.

Not frustrating .. I just HATE that she has to suffer because I was given misinformation...

She has been sleeping like ALOT.. should I just let her? Or should I get her out and try and get her moving ... I've been getting her out an hour or two every day.. and she just kinda lays in the floor.. or trys to crawl to somewhere dark and sleep

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yeah, I feel for you. :( She's very sluggish because of her condition but it can also be the pull of brumation. It's O.K to get her out but just a half hour at the most, the floor will be cold from a bearded dragon perspective. If you live in a warm climate take her outside for a half hour. And you can give her some of the mixture when she's semi alert, just dab it on her snout. Get some bee pollen to mix in as well, some beardies really love that.

Vualk

Original Poster
AHBD":1d5zprxw said:
Yeah, I feel for you. :( She's very sluggish because of her condition but it can also be the pull of brumation. It's O.K to get her out but just a half hour at the most, the floor will be cold from a bearded dragon perspective. If you live in a warm climate take her outside for a half hour. And you can give her some of the mixture when she's semi alert, just dab it on her snout. Get some bee pollen to mix in as well, some beardies really love that.

She did not want to eat the organic prunes honey and oil... But after I actually got it into her mouth she seemed to enjoy it...

She ate about 2.5 mil... So now I cross my fingers and wait... If nothing by morning I'll give her a little more

Vualk

Original Poster
AHBD":guhat273 said:
That's good !

My new light fixture gets her tomorrow ... Can't wait to get that on her.. will have to use the included bulb until the 28 watt 10.0 comes in tho.. I think it comes with a 5.0 hopefully it's 10.0 tho and I'll have a spare

Vualk

Original Poster
AHBD":3tsi4lix said:
O.K, good. Hopefully this will really help her out.

I am hoping as well.. but she has been deprived of proper uvb for several months now .. I am just happy that it is not worse..

I am in the process of getting PetSmart to start carrying proper equipment for things they sell near me..

I think if you are going to sell a dragon you should have lights inside your store that won't kill it.

I'm just spending my time designing her a gorgeous Viv that I am going to build for her when she feels better.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, the uvb coil + compacts are not a good choice. Sometimes beardies do O.K with them for many years and I know a very long time breeder who uses them for rearing babies [ over 25 years ] But they are iffy.

I saw your plan for a new cage in the enclosure forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom