Ok just checking Humidity pale etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwalady

Sooo back again. Murphy has been doing good. But the last week he just seems Off....So he has only been eating Superworms and of course his blueberries off and on and Greens. 5 days ago he threw up but I think he just ate too early and nothing digested. But then today he threw up again. He had been up for a bit. Ugghhh He is going to be the cause of my mental breakdown (Joking sorta) Anyway after he threw up today He got very pale almost white. His feet were white.....I tried to get him out to bath him but he was not having it. So about an hour later I bathed him and he seems better. Still not really interested in the worms... I dont know he just looks blah. But he was running around his cage.
actually

I have a 100w bulb (normal household bulb) For the last 2-3 weeks which seems to be working fine
Cold side is 82 approx
But i noticed the humidity is at almost 60% But it wasnt this morning.It stays normally 40-45% ..Oh but I just cleaned off his pad that may have caused it to go up. Anyway...does anyone have any idea why he may have thrown up and got very white....I didnt get a picture but right now he is darker.....im also trying to determine his age..ugh But Ill try and get a picture

Thanks sorry for rambling

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's possible he just overdid it on the supers. That causes them to throw up sometimes. I'd hold off on the supers for a while and then only offer a few at each meal. He should be eating mainly salads and veges anyway with bugs as a treat and only about 20% of the overall diet.

How are the basking temperatures? How old is your UVB light? UVB exposure and temperature have a direct effect on digestion and overall health.

bwalady

Original Poster
I may be in need of a new basking light .....
84462-464053392.jpg
84462-3068631618.jpg

See his front feet ugh and he has had his mouth open alot more today...

bwalady

Original Poster
Here is another...and I dont need a new basking lamp but UV Im going to get one..Ill take him out in the sun tomorrow also
84462-817655563.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks ok but maybe a bit tired/lethargic. Good sign that his beard is still light. Some natural sunlight is a great idea.

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
If his mouth is open a good bit while not basking, he may have a respiratory infection and need medical treatment. If you suspect a RI keep his night temps warmer using a ceramic heat emitter and get to a vet.

bwalady

Original Poster
Ok ugghhhh I think it may be a respiratory infection...Ive been watching him and it seems like he is breathing hard at times....the humidity is at 40-45% ...what is the correct humidity. I thought it was about 40%

He is under his rock now...I think he is too big for it now so I need to get him a bigger one....
Sorry I just stress Ive had him over a year and I think ive stressed about him 90% of the time. His lighting the heat his enclosure ugh...Beginner reptile owner is hard even. I adopted him actually from my son. I NEVER in my whole life would think I would worry and take care of a reptile like I do him. If anything happens to him...Ill just be ugh so very sad and I dont even know..UGH...Thanks I really appreciate all the input

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Are you seeing labored breathing/coughing and thicker than usual mucous around his mouth? If you suspect a RI you should have a vet take a culture and see which antibiotics (if any) are required. Your humidity is within a normal range and I wouldn't worry about it.

bwalady

Original Poster
Ill keep an eye on him...His tank is right beside me . Im going to take him out today if the sun would come out. But one more thing his humidity is back up to 60% today. What can I do to get that down?

bwalady

Original Poster
Humidity is down to 50% ....It his humid here today and there was some water under his flooring...So I fixed that. He is up and moving around ate some greens ..Im attaching pictures because I dont think he has mucus but just wanted to get an opinion...
84462-2942808708.jpg
84462-48139859.jpg

He is under his light so he isnt just hanging out with his mouth open =)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The humidity should be cut down by the heat from the lighting. You could also circulate a bit more air using a fan or you could put in one of the little eva-dry rechargeable dehumidifiers. 50-60% is at the high end of their natural range but that level of humidity wouldn't be too alarming to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom