Oh this is just awful *Exciting pic page 7!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Hi! Ive been following this thread, and what youre doing for him is amazing! I couldnt be so nice to my neighbors though, LOL.

My rescued boy, Wink, had liver failure and he had a really hard time keepiing weight on. Once he stopped eating, I started blending store-bought beardie food into his baby food. It actually helped for a while, and he LOVED the taste of it! I used the Nature Zone Bearded Dragon Bites, and even my current boy really likes them. (http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=11955) Its a good way to give them a little more protein with out over-doing it, IMO :D Good luck with him!

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Hows your new baby doing today? I've been thinking about him all week, so if you get a chance, let us know. I am hoping he's getting stronger and more inquisitive day by day :mrgreen:

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Yea, I would love an update too :)
You are a wonderful person for doing this. :) Keep up the good work!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Paperdaisies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Jess4921":kcxoo3vu said:
Hi! Ive been following this thread, and what youre doing for him is amazing! I couldnt be so nice to my neighbors though, LOL.

My rescued boy, Wink, had liver failure and he had a really hard time keepiing weight on. Once he stopped eating, I started blending store-bought beardie food into his baby food. It actually helped for a while, and he LOVED the taste of it! I used the Nature Zone Bearded Dragon Bites, and even my current boy really likes them. (http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=11955) Its a good way to give them a little more protein with out over-doing it, IMO :D Good luck with him!

Hmmm that's a really good idea. I think I'll try that, thanks!

Paperdaisies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you for thinking of him everyone! It's so nice to know there are real people out there who care about him. :)

He's doing well. I know it's a slow going thing but I have to admit it does make me a little sad to see how bad he still looks. The encouraging thing is that he gets stronger every day and is much more active day by day as well.

I wonder how many months it'll take before he gets some meat on his bones? Or until his poor skin stops bunching up and being so papery thin? I just want to see him look healthy. He looks like he hasn't had a good shed in years. :cry:

Here are some pictures of him from tonight and a video as well:

Short bath video :D

pic2-1.jpg

pic3-1.jpg

Whare'd all mah waters go?

pic4-1.jpg

Taking a bath is so exhausting

pic5-1.jpg

Some couch snuggles to warm up

He had two small syringe feedings today which he did really well with. This time I just kept slowly dripping it onto his nose continuously and he kept licking it up! He did so well I gave him about 4 or 5 smaller roaches. No vomiting or diarrhea so I'm excited that he was able to handle them.

I'll update again soon!

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
That is great, can't wait to see him with meat on his bones either. LOL @ the video poor guy got tired so quick. Keep up the great job, we are all rooting for you and him. :D

Paperdaisies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
catUK":2uciino1 said:
Ah bless him in that video, poor thing. Once again, your doing a great job!!!!! Im not sure how many feedings with a sick beardie, hopefully someone can help.

p.s that girl in the background (your daughter?) sounds so cute with her comment about the crickets making him better

Ah, I feel so bad I just saw this comment! Yes, that was my little girl, Ella. She just turned 3. She's such a sweet little girl and has a strong passion for animals already. She doesn't call them animals, she calls them "friends", lol.

prettylellie.jpg

This is Ella :love5:

kwool2.jpg

Ella on the right. I know they aren't dragons but they're my babies too, haha. (2 of my 6 at least :lol: )

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
Paperdaisies":h5nrwvjr said:
catUK":h5nrwvjr said:
Ah bless him in that video, poor thing. Once again, your doing a great job!!!!! Im not sure how many feedings with a sick beardie, hopefully someone can help.

p.s that girl in the background (your daughter?) sounds so cute with her comment about the crickets making him better

Ah, I feel so bad I just saw this comment! Yes, that was my little girl, Ella. She just turned 3. She's such a sweet little girl and has a strong passion for animals already. She doesn't call them animals, she calls them "friends", lol.

prettylellie.jpg

This is Ella :love5:

kwool2.jpg

Ella on the right. I know they aren't dragons but they're my babies too, haha. (2 of my 6 at least :lol: )

Ah they're just adorable. im a teacher and i love kids and the things they say! Your beardie is showing a lot of improvement, well done on the good work :D

Jess

Extreme Poster
Awww, Ella is so cute! :D And the beardie is looking so good... Does he have a name yet?

Let me know how the beardie food mix works out, if you try it!

Paperdaisies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you!

And he doesn't really have a name yet. I keep trying to think of one that fits him. I keep wanting to use an old man name like Otto or Floyd or George. Haha

Any suggestions? :D

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
ha ha i love people names for beardies- i named mine Terry Tibbs (from a programme called facejacker) but had to change it to Terri (with an i when i found out it was a girl :shock:

carpedraconum

Hatchling Member
I don't know how many on here like Scrubs, but I think the name Murry or Murray really works weel. The episode with "Chandler" when he yells "Murry" down a hall way and all the old guys stick their head out the door. It is definitely suiting to the pics of him, even more so to the stink eye pic.

And great job, he really does look great.

Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom