Odin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellee

I'd like to introduce my new Beardie, Odin! We got him from a couple who have to relocate from Idaho to Florda. They adopted him from a rescue here called Reptile Adventures at Repitcon 2 years ago. His age isn't certain, but he as at least 3 as they got him at the same size he is now (18 inches) and have had him for 2 years without him growing.

He's pretty tubby, with a fat neck. Is that normal? He loves cuddles and scratches which I'm super thankful for. Where his pattern is darker is where he is shedding, he seems to have not shed well so I am going to soak him in the bath tomorrow and try and help him out. We are also taking him off of that sand tomorrow and putting him on reptile carpet.

eAUjUsS.jpg

TsvJMAS.jpg

Kellee

Original Poster
We gave him a bath. I don't think he's EVER had one, as he was absolutely not happy :(

Here is some pictures before his bath, when we took the sand out, making a goofy face :) His colors got so much brighter after his bath, yucky sand making him dull!

a6pZ6th.jpg

q2cvkjJ.jpg

4jt9j6b.jpg

Kellee

Original Poster
Odin was looking fabulous during our vet trip, here's some pics! The pink harness was temporarily made by me, we bought a kitten harness and it was too big :shock: but we got a ferret one that day that fits him great :lol:

Lf91Xb3.jpg

5bg7quJ.jpg

WZJTgHf.jpg

33TV2Pw.jpg

jZtqv1c.jpg

dezismom

Juvie Member
Hello, Odin and parents! Did the vet give a good report? Are his lips a bit flakey, or is that just the sand I see? Welcome to the forum...there are many nice, helpful Beardie lovers here. Odin is a good looking Beardie!

Kellee

Original Poster
The vet said he doesn't have a calcium issue, but they are closed for the holiday so we can't get a fecal exam until tuesday. Also on his lips was stuck on sand that came off in the bath :) The baths have been helping him shed and today we are celebrating his legs shedding off :D

dezismom

Juvie Member
yay! for good shed and cleaning off the sand! And very good not having a calcium issue--that can be ugly...sounds like you and Odin are off to a peachy start. Glad that he has found himself a great home.

I had to make a harness for Dezi; the ones I bought were just too small. He dislikes anything around his neck, so we designed one out of heavy duty vinyl that goes across his chest, with big arm holes, and has an adjustable bead on the back. The "leash" is from silk cord and wraps around an empty roller that held sticky tape for cleaning off pet hair...He likes it! And I think he looks quite dapper (i may be a bit biased)

Dezi's old harness
82765-5043706005.jpg

the new, improved harness
82765-2647993136.jpg

Kellee

Original Poster
Odin looks super handsome today with all his shedding :) He got all of his legs mostly shed, his head fully shed, his neck and stomach are shedding as well as the remainder of his face/lips. He STILL hasn't pooped since his vet visit :(

peeMCEp.jpg

9E4h5ds.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom