Odd Superworm Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rory

Hatchling Member
So I put my usual carrot into my superworm bin for the evening, the same bag of carrots I used the day before, and the day before that, and about an hour later, I noticed there were a lot of superworms on the surface of the oatmeal thrashing around wildly... It almost looks like they're having seizures. What the heck is going on? I'm baffled.

Rory

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No, no bite marks on the carrot at the time. There was a thunderstorm going on at the time. Maybe that had something to do with it? I've never seen them flip out like that before, and we've had a whole summer of violent storms.

Geoff

Whenever I raise the humidity in my roach bin the meal worms on the bottom go crazy...

Could be related... Try spraying them with water when they are calm and see if it repeats...

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
Geoff":2pxt9kei said:
Whenever I raise the humidity in my roach bin the meal worms on the bottom go crazy...

Could be related... Try spraying them with water when they are calm and see if it repeats...

Interesting theory, I will have to try that with mine.

Were the carrots fresh out the fridge? Maybe they were too cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom