Odd light patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heya guys
I just got Rikku back from the vets after an op, I was given injections of Baytril which I was told to give her every two days. I gave her a dose this morning, it was fine at first but now the small area around where I put the needle has gone a very light colour. Is this something to worry about or am I just been silly? She seems ok, I just saw her eat a little but she is still a little sleepy due to the op.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Are you giving her a probiotic while administering the Baytril? Benebac works great for this.
http://www.google.com/search?q=buy+benebac+gel&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a#q=buy+benebac+gel&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=yKB&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&prmd=ivns&source=univ&tbs=shop:1&tbo=u&ei=UeIxTeLTGJHSsAPwv8C5BQ&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CD4QrQQwAg&biw=1680&bih=869&fp=fd0f73886609171d

The area in question, is there a chance you may not have had the needle in as far as it should go? Per chance the Baytril may have gone into the skin rather then under. If that is the case I wouldn't worry and the spot should return to normal as her body absorbs it. It may also be a mild irritation from the needle. A picture in these cases can really help myself and other members.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=138810

missmaishka

Original Poster
you are right, ty, the white mark had changed back by the time I went to turn her lights off. I gave her another injection today and this time I think it went better, no marks and no hissing. I wasnt told to use anything along the injection, is that something I should really be thinging about? welI shall ask the vet when I see her in the next few days.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Definitely use a probiotic, the antibiotic you are using will kill off the natural good gut flora as well as the parasites. Benebac is just their natural good gut flora bottled up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom