Odd Dragon Behavior?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CelticReaper

Hi guys,
So I just got my first bearded dragon today, after months of researching and planning. I picked him up from a small local pet shop that appeared to be taking good care of their animals, as well as having great customer service. He has been great so far, I got him to eat quite a few nutrigrubs (apparently very similar to phoenix worms) easily a couple hours after moving him in. and he spent a lot of time up on his basking spot getting to know his cage. However, when the lights went out tonight, I went to put a few pieces of furniture that I had been disinfecting back into the cage and noticed that he was sleeping in a very odd position against the back of the cage. I lightly touched him a few times and he had no reaction, until I finally went to pick him up and he sprung to life. It startled me for a minute because at first I had thought that something had gone very wrong. Is this normal behavior for a dragon, to have no reaction when touched while sleeping?

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Yes, that sounds pretty normal to me. Sleeping in odd positions quite normal too. And having such a healthy appetite only a few hours after moving in is a very good sign. It sounds like he's settling in very nicely. :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That does sound pretty normal to me, also. You can touch them if they are sleeping soundly without much of a reaction from them. If you startle them though, they can wake up instantly! :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom