odd clicking

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashlee1228

has anyone else noticed their beardie making a soft clicking sound when they are being held?

my girl is about 5 3/4 years old and she makes a soft clicking (from her throat) when I hold her, but not when anyone else holds her. Ive taken her to our Herpatologist (sp?) and he says they dont make noise and that she was perfectly healthy and she was the most well behaved and socialized beardie he has ever seen :D. at first i thought i was just hearing things but other people have heard her do it too so im confident im not crazy.

im pretty sure its some kind of affection response, but since they arent supposed to make noise i was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this as well...

Toodles

OH! im worried she gets lonely during the day, she used to have a hermit crab companion.... until the crickets ate him while he was molting (i didnt know and i felt HORRIBLE!)... anyways besides another beardie is there a specific companion that the seem to get along really well with?

sandi0906

Juvie Member
2 of my dragons make the noise when being held. I brought mine to vet as well in fear of an URI but they got the clean bill of health. your dragon is fairly old i wouuld leave her be, she'll be fine by herself.

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Malibu clicks when shes in her fleece on my chest sleeping...i tought it was normal beardie behavior.she has been doing it since she was about 6 months old
now shes 2.

dechainechel

Hatchling Member
Please don't get her a "companion" that is alive!! Try giving her a stuffed animal to cuddle with. You are all the companion she needs. I'm glad to hear she's not sick, when my little girl was making that noise it was because she had a respitory infection :cry: Just snuggle with her as much as you can, and she will be happy!

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
Judah makes that noise too, and he is perfectly healthy. He has also has made a little grunting like noise when I have picked him up when he was full. :eek:

ashlee1228

Original Poster
thanks everyone! I figured it was just a "beardie thing" but it makes me feel better that other people have noticed this as well. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aleyna
Top Bottom