odd behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

newherp

i just got my first 2 beardies. on male, one female. theyre about 6 weeks old. after i handle the male, he will spread his legs and arms, and just lay on the bottom of the cage. and the female almost feels brittle. she eats plenty, and is perfectly hydrated but she feels really light, and almost unhealthy. her mid section is squishy, and feels like it is just filled with water. she also likes to lay up against the glass?

any help is appreciated.

Jean

Hatchling Member
Hi, it looks like your post slipped through the cracks. Have you gotten your questions answered yet? Lots of beardies like to sleep with their bellies against the glass. And I don't know about the males behavior after you handle him. Doesn't seem like it should necessarily be a problem, especially if he's not acting lethargic in other ways.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
I can't answer all of your questions, but what the PP said is true.

Your male sleeping or hanging out with his legs all spread-eagle is normal, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom