Odd behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

marius47

Good evening , I am in need of some guidance , one of my beardies has been acting a bit strange lately . started with he not eating as much , I was feeding her phoenix worms at first , then went to super worms . she loved the phoenix worms a lot . the supers not as much , slowly she started eating less and less. I went back to feeding her crickets the other day , she ate quite a few then again nothing . she went number 2 for the first time in awhile yesterday . she is constantly wanting out . I usually let her out when I can , but then she wants back in pretty quickly .now she is hiding under her newspaper , Thinking it might be brumation ,but she has been very active recently . she is about 8 months old .
temps 108.1/80.3 hot/cool
reptisun 10.0
newspaper for bedding .
using the accurite temp probe. could it just be brumation?

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. How big is the enclosure? What kind of uvb? Tube, coil or compact? Is the probe on the basking surface? That temp is more important then air temp.

marius47

Original Poster
destiny1998":1al9d516 said:
Hi. How big is the enclosure? What kind of uvb? Tube, coil or compact? Is the probe on the basking surface? That temp is more important then air temp.
Reptisun 10.0 tube
yes the probe is on the basking surface.
enclosure is 36x36x18

marius47

Original Poster
destiny1998":1nf6ksgy said:
How big is she? How many superworms did she eat in a day? Has she pooped lately?
she is about 16 in. from tip to tip . when she was eating them about 15 or so , she pooped yesterday , but that was the first time in awhile , a week if not more.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Eating that many in one day is not very good for their system 5 a day is plenty. She may be a little impacted from eating that many. You can try some plain applesauce with a drop of olive oil. Hopefully that'll help get things moving.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You can put it into a plastic feeding syringe or use a small spoon to drop a bit on her nose and have her lick it off a little bit at a time.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
How is her activity levels? Is she doing a lot of digging?
How was the poop, anything abnormal or unusually about it?
How is she getting her water?

marius47

Original Poster
Activity level is good always wants out.i want there to see thepoop. It was try by the time I saw it. She might be digging less them usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom