odd and worrying behavior from my beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a female dragon about 10 months old. She hides most of the day, wont really touch her veggies, and doesnt eat a whole lot of the crickets we give her as she previously had. Before she would eat about 24 crickets every other day, but now she eats about 8 every other day. She also is under her cave away from the uvb bulb. Her basking spot is about 102F and under her cave where she is is about 80F. Just kind of worrying about her. She still has good color and will bask for about 5-10 min IF i put her near the basking spot. Should i be worried?

AlexMason

you have to think there are just coming out of autumn and going into winter right now.

Beardies live in the southern hemisphere we are in the northern

starlake

My beardie did this about 6 months ago when I provided her a place under a box. I knew about brumating, but I still panicked a bit. It seems very weird when it is so sudden. I've heard that some beardies are still on a southern-hemisphere brumating cycle, so I would not worry about it. Just make sure your beardie stays hydrated with regular baths, and s/he'll be fine. Oh, also take him/her to a vet to make sure s/he is in good health. If they have parasites and reduce their eating habits, they'll starve to death during this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EternalAzhrei
Top Bottom