Odahviing and Faranth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menolly07

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Kaleen, He does, doesn't he? I love it. It makes me so happy when he snuggles in. Momma instinct goes into overdrive with the little ones. Animal trust is so special.

ShannyBeard, Maybe I should stick with the November 27 "guestimate" date. I just worry that he's too small when I see other two month olds far larger then him. I'm accustomed to mammalian development which tends to be similar within a species. Like a lot of lab puppies tend toward the same size. There is SO much difference with this little guys! I just keep checking and rechecking myself with questions like, "Is he eating enough? Am I getting the right things into him?" I'm a wonderful worrier!!

So..... I haven't had one yet.. I wanted to ask.. Is THIS sexy leg?? :love10:

Menolly07

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He's so bad too. When I went to take the photo with my phone I was laughing because he kept turning his head to look at me over his shoulder. It was horrible because he was giving me his best "cuddles naoh" look. Over sexy leg. It was hilarious. Like lizard come hither stares. I thought I was going to die.

Menolly07

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you! He's my spoiled little lumpkin right now. They're all spoiled (the rest are mammals, he's the first rep), but he's super spoiled because he's the baybee. I love this forum because everybody's got such gorgeous little loves.

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
i love both my babies but Sydney was my first and will always have a special place in my heart, just dont tell Casanova. :wink:

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
That is a stunning picture of him! His colors are really great. And yes that is the perfect example of sexy leg. :lol:

I have 'approximate' hatch dates for Ginger and Scarlet, so as long as the approx is right then we are within about 2 weeks of their actual hatch dates. We got them from a breeder but we can't seem to get more than 'approximate' :silent:

And they do grow differently. We met Chief's sister at a Repti-Con and she was 1/2 his size. I mean to tell you when I say 1/2 I mean it. She was little but she was the 'average' clutch mate size. I don't know enough about these dragons to really know what's normal. I can't wait until I have had them for years and years and am all-knowing. :lol: :oops:

Menolly07

Juvie Member
Original Poster
At least it's better then the six months PetSmart thought he was, rofl. I'll let it be I think. Stop worrying. He's definitely healthy.

Can't wait until Chief wakes up. So many beardies have gone seasonal sleepers. Wakey wakey beards with bakey!!

Menolly07

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I had morning snuggles with Odahviing. He doesn't eat his greens from a plated yet. He likes them hand fed and not when in his viv. No big. At least he eats them. This just means we spend a little time each day, a heating pad in my lap, him on it and me feeding him greens. I've been dipping them in ReptaBoost because of the Panacur for his pinworms. Apparently, he saw fit to reward me for all this loving attention (and for his last 2cc dose of the medication I think). He started ruffling his beard then let out a nice big poo. It's been his current tradition to give me a few urea only during the day and two poos, one in the AM bath and one randomly during the day as a surprise in his viv. I've been very conciensious with the cleanings, HAVE to be with the pinworm reinfection risk!

This one he let loose right there on the heating pad. Let me tell you folks. He's a stinker....... He wasn't stinky when he first came home. This is actually why I actually believe that the pinworms came from a specific batch of crickets. I bought sixty, thirty died in a week. His poos started to stink a couple weeks later. He got shed in his eye. He got gunky, sticky in that eye.. The other eye followed. I took him to the vet. BOOM! Pinworms. A super mild case. Panacur and some antibac ointment for the eye, and he's all sorts of better. So I blame the crickets. But yes... Stinky poo since then. Like foul, old fish or the dumpster behind a Florida fish place. Not that the fish inside is bad, but we know what fish outside smells like. So that. On a heating pad. Right on my lap. I almost died.....

:shock: ... :puke:

In other news! More photos! Feel free to look through the Flickr. I don't ALWAYS stick them all in here, but I couldn't choose. I loved them all.

The first is strictly a link. I took a macro shot of his back and then trimmed it down for my laptop's background dimensions. It's my wallpaper. I wanted to share that. If you're at ALL interested feel free to either A) Save it and trim it for your own; or B) Comment with your dimensions, and I'll trim the original down and load it up to Flickr for you. I love his back.

LizardScales Wallpaper by Menolly07, on Flickr: To large to post as a photo.

Warm under mah belleh!

I love how contented he always looks. It makes me feel so happy. It means I MUST be doing something right!! <3

He just was not into having his eyes open. The pad kept him so relaxed that he kept closing them and pancaking out to chill... Or warm.

I love the way the front scales of their lips look like exaggerated pursed lips.

This was the eye that had the shed in it and started with the mild swelling, sticky draining, crusting. It's doing much better! I think it may have been hurt when the front arm on the same side was hurt though. I must keep an eye on it, in future. Such a cover lizard! Lizard Vogue!

How could you NOT boop that nose??!!

He's beginning to get the "fatter" upper and lower lids too, and this REALLY shows off those trademark beardie jowls he's started growing!! I'm mad for my little guy!

Pancake! I could eat him up!

This is why I think the other side was injured. The lids look very different on his right hand side. It almost looks like a tiny stick smacked him in the eye on his left eye lids. Strange.

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
OMG what a cutie he is!!! I've got to try that heating pad thing. It won't burn their bellies or anything? Do you cover the heating pad with a blanket or something, or just put em right on the pad? I mean he looks so peaceful and happy. I bet it's a nice treat for him. I can just see it, now Sunny will never go back in her cage!

-Kaleen

Menolly07

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I just leave it bare on its lowest setting. It's around a basking spot at that temperature. When ge leaves it I turn it off and let him roam. He actually comes back to warm up. I would never leave it unattended (same worries as those plug in rocks) but as an out of viv way to keep him warm it's pretty perfect. It's plastic, so it wipes off. He loves to lay on it with my hand by his head so he can lay his chin on my finger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom