Occasionally clicking

Status
Not open for further replies.

aroeder1

Hello there. My dragon has been making a clicking noise when he sleeps or sometimes when I pick him up. I did have him treated for an RI in September so I am wondering if he still has one. He likes to have his mouth open a lot and lately he has been eating less and sleeping more. For the past week he has been puffing out his beard more often during the day almost like he gets the hiccups. He hasnt been losing weight or having mucous come out of his mouth or nose. Sometimes there will be a string of saliva hanging in his mouth when he has it open but it doesn't seem excessive. Should I go to the vet again and ask for a more thorough check for an RI or are there other possible causes for the clicking.
Setup
Temperatures- basking: 102-104, cool side is always 80 and night temperatures are about 65

Lights- 2 100 watt house light bulbs on both sides of tank and he has a reptisun 10.0 that was replaced last month. He also has a heating pad under the tank.

Bedding- stone tile

Feeding- I give him frozen (but they get thawed) crickets. Usually about a small handful worth. I also will mix the crickets in veggies about every other day. I dust the crickets with calcium every couple of days. I mist his food so he can get his water that way. Just recently got a vitamin supplement to help gutload the crickets before freezing them (i sprinkle it on their food)

Veggies- collard greens, swiss chard, butternut squash, acorn squash, mustard greens, carrots, apples, yellow squash, and green leaf lettuce. I have all of these processed and mixed in a big freezer bag. The green leaf lettuce, carrots, and apples are in a smaller amount compared to the rest of the veggies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How often do you hear the clicking, just when you pick him up?
If you are real quiet, & are holding them you can hear a slight clicking, especially at night when
they are sleeping. It is their glottis opening & closing as they breathe. I am not sure if that's what
you could be hearing or not, but, a large possibility.
However, since he has had a respiratory infection somewhat recently, it might be a good idea to
go for a quick check, just to be sure it hasn't come back. It is wintertime so respiratory infections
are stubborn & somewhat frequent. Since there don't seem to be any physical signs of an infection
he is probably in the clear but it might rest your mind.
Are you keeping him a little warmer overnight, around 80, to keep his immune system boosted?
Also, double check the tank temperatures to ensure they are all optimal since it is colder now.

Tracie

aroeder1

Original Poster
Hi,
The times I hear the clicking is occasionally when I pick him up and sometimes when I give him a bath. It does not happen every time, but it happens enough that I have noticed it. I also increased his daytime temperatures so they are a couple degrees more than what I have previously listed. The hide where he usually sleeps is about 80 at night because I have a UTH under it. The rest of the tank is closer to 70 and I can't get it much higher than that without cranking my heater up a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom