Occasional pushing in and out of beard, weird noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoSixSided

Hello, I have had Nova since he was a baby, and have not really started holding him until now due to fear of hurting his small body. Now that he is 6 months old I have started holding him a little bit more.

I have noticed that occasionally he likes to push in and out his beard, it is not black though. I put him on my shoulder and he did it, and I noticed a almost wheezing noise when he does it, but with normal breathing I do not hear any noises. Humidity is impossible to beat here in Fl. and I have been afraid of a URI since I've had him.

Does this sound like a concern? or is it normal for them to do that with their beard occasionally and make a strange noise at the same time?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Actually that behavior is very normal. It is referred to as forced exhalation, really. They blow their beards out & can blow it in & out very quickly, making some pretty funny noises, too.
Unless you are seeing any symptoms of a respiratory issues, I wouldn't worry too much about the noises as they can make some strange noises blowing their beards out like that.
If you can, make a little video for us. :D
Is his appetite good?

Tracie

TwoSixSided

Original Poster
Thank you, Tracie! You are very helpful as usual.

Yes, unfortunately his appetite is great.. except for my wallet. He has been destroying Reptiworms since a baby with some squash and collard greens here and there.

He's coming along pretty good from what I can see.
lGDw98V.jpg
v4ShLE0.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

You are welcome. He is precious & has really grown, too!
He looks awfully magnificent basking there & regal! :D
I am glad to hear that his appetite is so good, they do go through the food, don't they? LOL

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom