Nova's new viv!! UPDATE! Almost Done! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova1014

Hatchling Member
So I couldn't take it any more! After seeing all the pictures of the enclosures people were making, and as Nova continues to grow, I decided it was time to start building my own! I am still in the early stages, and going things little by little, after all the little munchkin is still only 10 inches long! But here is what I have so far, and trust me I will continue to update with pictures! I am also looking for creative ways to set up the inside, so if you have any suggestions for what to add and how to do it, by all means share.. with words and pictures!! Thanks!

This is the "shell" of the viv.. waiting to put in a background before I place in the three back vents. Not to shabby I think!
2012-08-06_18-37-17_380.jpg

Oh, and of course you can't forget the little rockstar who gets to live in it.. Miss Nova Jean!
2012-08-01_15-05-31_402.jpg

2012-07-30_19-15-45_993.jpg

Nova1014

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
narms72":1cb6ac46 said:
What's that substrate, sandpaper?

It is indeed repti-carpet. But thats what I have in her smaller viv now. I am having a killer time deciding and finding what to put in her new one! /:

EpitaphREI

Not sure if you would be interested, but this is what I use in my beardie cage:

http://www.amazon.com/Duck-442037-Cushioned-Surface-Non-Adhesive/dp/B001SO2KI2/ref=sr_1_7?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1344474621&sr=1-7&keywords=shelf+Liner+Taupe

I got this idea from a breeder, who uses it for the dragons he has at home (the breeder dragons are on newspaper for easy cleanup). I love it so far, it is not slick so they can run around on it easily, and poop just wipes up. It is also easy to disinfect, and no worrying about residual bacteria.

Shelf/drawer liners also come in many sizes and colors, so another bonus there. I probably sound like a spokesperson for self liner, but after a long battle trying to find a good substrate, this one turned out great! Just make sure you wash it down before putting it in the tank.

Nova1014

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well its just a small improvement but the lights are screwed in and wired! Now I can actually start the decor! Here's what it looks like!
2012-08-10_17-37-39_972.jpg

stangbanger

Hatchling Member
i would move the UVB to the basking side ....then you can have a basking spot with heat and uvb, and a cool side with no uvb or direct heat to simulate a shady area in the wild

Nova1014

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
stangbanger":2co0zbqz said:
i would move the UVB to the basking side ....then you can have a basking spot with heat and uvb, and a cool side with no uvb or direct heat to simulate a shady area in the wild

I have seen many set up like this, and she will have a hide to get away from the lights if shes like. I have her in this same type set up now and she seems to be fine.. Thanks for the input though :)

Nova1014

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It's almost done!! Aside from a few more tweaks and things to add, including the tracks and glass doors, Nova's viv is almost done! Here are a few pictures! :D

Almost all set up, and the lights are now wired!
2012-08-12_17-22-57_501.jpg

A better look without the lights on
2012-08-12_17-25-50_174.jpg

Bridge and hammock
2012-08-12_17-25-59_36.jpg

Rock hide and basking log
2012-08-12_17-26-06_688.jpg

Rock hide again
2012-08-12_17-23-05_867.jpg

Im almost positive that the rocks will be moved around as I will add more, and I'm possibly thinking about a sheet of slate.. but we shall see! I'm so excited its almost done!!! :blob8:

ReptileAddiction

Hatchling Member
I like it. :D I have slate in mine. I love it. The only bad thing is that when she poops on it I have to take it outside and wash it off with a brush. The heat bakes it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom