Nova

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
So Nova went to the vet. She said it looks like she's starting to form eggs and thinks she is ovulating. She said her bones looked good and as long as we keep offering dusted food, water and proper husbandry, she'll be fine and she'll eat when she needs to eat amd she also said to cut back on kale for now because it's real high in oxalate and will prevent her from absorbing the calcium she needs for the eggs and stuff. She said we can try repashy if we are real worried but otherwise says she's totally fine.

She's done a tad better yesterday and today, she ate several worms yesterday. Like, 5 silkworms and a few hornworms with relative interest. Same for today, she ate three silks and a nice fat hornworm. Still hasn't eaten any of her salad yet, though. I wish she'd eat a little more but she's been definitely lighter in color and a little more active and alert the last day or two.

Anyone good at xrays.? The vet said the little faint circles at the bottom of her xray, by her back feet, are what she thinks to be eggs forming.

Attachments

• Nova_Turnbow_19158-20230416145617612-original.jpeg
    Nova_Turnbow_19158-20230416145617612-original.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 59

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So Nova went to the vet. She said it looks like she's starting to form eggs and thinks she is ovulating. She said her bones looked good and as long as we keep offering dusted food, water and proper husbandry, she'll be fine and she'll eat when she needs to eat amd she also said to cut back on kale for now because it's real high in oxalate and will prevent her from absorbing the calcium she needs for the eggs and stuff. She said we can try repashy if we are real worried but otherwise says she's totally fine.

She's done a tad better yesterday and today, she ate several worms yesterday. Like, 5 silkworms and a few hornworms with relative interest. Same for today, she ate three silks and a nice fat hornworm. Still hasn't eaten any of her salad yet, though. I wish she'd eat a little more but she's been definitely lighter in color and a little more active and alert the last day or two.

Anyone good at xrays.? The vet said the little faint circles at the bottom of her xray, by her back feet, are what she thinks to be eggs forming.
Tracie the vet tech is good on X rays -- PM her or I can also flag her on this post too '
@Drache613

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom