Not swallowing food??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
My poor Howie. Today I had to work 7am-5:30pm. So I left some greens in her food bowl and went to work. When I got home I went to feed Howie some crix, and she wouldn't touch them. I let her on my floor to walk around while I fed the baby, and then I started hearing some strange noises coming from her. It almost sounded like she was gasping for air. (I really thought she had found something on the floor :?) So I picked her up and pried her mouth open and found a piece of collards in there. It was a huge piece, I must have missed it on my rush out the door this morning. But when I pulled it out, a BUNCH of saliva poured all over my hands. I'm really worried about the excess saliva but the vet was confident that it was not a upper respiratory infection, but it was because of her deformed spine. I don't know what to do, I feel so bad for her!!
This isn't the first time I've found uneaten food in her mouth, even after it's been hours since I've fed her the food. What's going on?

Gail

BD.org Addict
I've never had a beardie get food stuck in their mouth like that before, it is possible she has a smaller then normal throat? Its probably is a good idea to make sure her salad is chopped extra small so it doesn't happen anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom