Not sure if Samson is growing properly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lnicholson

I have had Samson for almost 3 months now (March 26 will be 3 months). I got him from my local Petco and as a newbie beardie owner I never even asked how old he could possibly be. He was little I can tell you that. I never even thought to measure him until 3 weeks after we had him. When I first measured him on 1/13/10 he was 9 1/2 inches. I measured him today and he is 11 1/2 inches. He is actually in the process of shedding by his mouth right now. I just want to make sure he is OK.

I just changed my lights because I had originally gotten the Zilla Bearded dragon starter kit from Petco and it came with the Zilla Desert 50 coil UV light. We just changed to Reptisun 10.0 because I was told that the coil lights were really bad. I also have a Zoo Med 75w basking spot light. In the tank we are currently using non adhesive shelf liner. He eats crickets mostly and some veggies. He is kind of picky and eats romaine. he also eats a little fruit but only when I hand feed. Oh and he likes butternut squash a lot. His temps for basking are between 100 - 105 and the cool side is 80-85. He pretty much goes under his basking rock when he gets too warm. He is very alert and active. I will post a picture so you guys could tell me what you think.

P2090036.jpg

gandhi

Hatchling Member
Hey, It sounds to me like he's growing fine :D If you compare it to the growth charts here than he is too http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Growth.html

Gandhi was small for a while and then he had a growth spurt and is now 20 inches at 8 months.

All dragons grow at different rates so as long as samson is eating, pooping and shedding I'm sure he's fine :D

lnicholson

Original Poster
Thank you! My daughter wanted a bearded dragon and she read about them for 2 years. I on the other hand was not aware that they required so much until a few weeks before we got Samson. I didn't even know I had to feed it live food until a few days before we got him. I was totally clueless and always wondered why the person who knew the least about this animal was the one taking care of it! Since then I have learned a lot but since I have never had a bearded dragon or known anyone with a bearded dragon there are still some things I don't get. My husband says that I worry way too much and I am always fussing over Samson. I just want to make sure he grown up to be a happy and healthy boy. It is amazing to me how he has grown on me. I really never thought I could feel this way about a reptile and they are like chips...you can't just have one. I already want another one. They are so awesome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chriziz
Top Bottom