NOT POOPING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alk263

I'm not sure what to do. My beardie hasn't pooped in almost 3 weeks. I tried giving him a bath last night, which usually does the trick but that didn't work. I'm worried that he has impaction. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks!

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
How old is the dragon?
How long is it from nose to tail tip?
What is the basking temperature?
What is the substrate?
How often are you bathing?
What is being fed?
What UV are you using? (brand and type?)

my1stBD

Juvie Member
To add on the above question of "what is being fed" can you tell us what was the last meal/s you fed and the quantity fed

After answering the above questions some suggestions you can try.......

Some mineral oil via syringe orally (A few drops only) you can also mix the oil with some vegetable puree
Canned pumpkin, mushed up also has a good result
If you cant find canned pumpkin try a fresh pumpkin, cook it ans mash it and feed that

Of all the above the pumpkin worked within 24 hrs for me after mine did not go potty for almost 4 weeks (28 days)

Also keep up with the baths and tummy massages it cant hurt

alk263

Original Poster
How old is the dragon? Almost 3 years
How long is it from nose to tail tip? About 15 inches
What is the basking temperature? I think it's around 100 degrees
What is the substrate? Bark
How often are you bathing? Not as often lately, the other night was the first time in a month probably, aside from just wiping him off with a washcloth
What is being fed? Mostly crickets
What UV are you using? (brand and type?) I have a reptisun 5 or 10 (can't remember) coil light bulb, it is not currently hooked up because the light fixture broke, I am thinking this is probably the issue since the UV aids with digestion... :(

I am going to try feeding him the pumpkin and getting the UV rays hooked back up this weekend. HOPEFULLY one of those will do the trick...

alk263

Original Poster
The canned pumpkin worked like a charm (within 12 hours)!!! Thank you so much for your suggestions. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChekeNerton523
Top Bottom