Not pooping please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Kirk, which I found out was a girl and is now Nala, hasn't been pooping. The last time she pooped was 2.5 weeks ago. I feed her super worms as a staple and she usually poops with 4-6 days of eating cause she doesn't eat everyday. She's a year old. She eats her pelleted food like crazy though. Bathe her twice a week, she's acting completely normal she still eats like a monster and is active and alert. She is a little fat but I know she isn't gravid. I made her a lay box but she didn't use it. She doesn't scratch at the walls much and when she does its at night and she gives one or two good scratches but it's only for her to settle into her sleep mode. Temps are fine. I use a reptisun 10.0, 100w bulb for a 55-60 gallon tank. Substrate is tile and some pillowcases. No stress marks . Please help.

ofcourseilikepasta

Hatchling Member
Put her in warm water and rub her tummy :) Do that a couple times a day in the bath until she finally goes. Works for me. Make sure she's hydrated enough to have bowel movements properly. Maybe try to feed her things that are easier to digest for now, like baby foods. They have lots of moisture in them so that will help as well. If she's really constipated though she might need to see a vet.

kirkthelizard

Original Poster
ofcourseilikepasta":26v9cggn said:
Put her in warm water and rub her tummy :) Do that a couple times a day in the bath until she finally goes. Works for me. Make sure she's hydrated enough to have bowel movements properly. Maybe try to feed her things that are easier to digest for now, like baby foods. They have lots of moisture in them so that will help as well. If she's really constipated though she might need to see a vet.
I've been trying the baths and rubbing her tummy method but nothing. I'm gonna give it till the end of the week and if nothing, I'll take her to a vet. She's gone a week without pooping before, her poop was just a lot bigger. I don't feel bumps underneath her tummy besides what I assume to be her actual organs and ribs.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If the baths aren't helping, I'd try dropping some water on her nose so she licks it up for extra hydration. A few drops of olive oil and some baby food applesauce or prunes may help move things along as well.

kirkthelizard

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2fi2bqar said:
If the baths aren't helping, I'd try dropping some water on her nose so she licks it up for extra hydration. A few drops of olive oil and some baby food applesauce or prunes may help move things along as well.

Yeah just picked up some unsweetened applesauce, heard that works too, added water and some vegetable oil which I heard works too. She actually loved it haha. Hoping she will pass something, hopefully anything at this point. I assume she might be going into brumation but then again she's active and alert and has a huge appetite. Should I not feed her until she poops? I'm just scared, I can't lose her. Gonna give her another warm bath tonight and see if that helps this time. Right now she's out on the living room floor and she was moving around for a bit but she found a place to hide and now she's sleeping. She shows no unusual behavior besides the not pooping. Like I said if all else fails I'll take her to the vet this coming weekend.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If she's active and eating a lot then she probably isn't brumating. It's OK to keep feeding her but maybe dial back a little and I'd provide lots of extra hydration and see if the oil and applesauce helps after a few days. I'd also try some veges with lots of water and some fiber such as squash and see if that helps.

kirkthelizard

Original Poster
CooperDragon":zadd9a8m said:
If she's active and eating a lot then she probably isn't brumating. It's OK to keep feeding her but maybe dial back a little and I'd provide lots of extra hydration and see if the oil and applesauce helps after a few days. I'd also try some veges with lots of water and some fiber such as squash and see if that helps.
I'll definitely try the veggies and fiber. I went ahead and made her a vet appointment anyways for Saturday, thanks for all the help I will update on the matter

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sounds good. If you do wind up needing to bring her to the vet I'd be careful about allowing them to give her an enema. Sometimes vets will want to try this but I've read about some bad results from this so be cautious.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....this is a fairly common thing with large dragons and can be resolved with the natural laxatives that were mentioned along with warmer than usual baths. Applesauce, baby food prunes , squash with a few drops of veg.oil and/or honey. She WILL go, try not to worry !

kirkthelizard

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2k6qor43 said:
Sounds good. If you do wind up needing to bring her to the vet I'd be careful about allowing them to give her an enema. Sometimes vets will want to try this but I've read about some bad results from this so be cautious.

Good news, she pooped, bad news...it was a little watery/runny. Still gonna take her to the vet or might wait till she poops again to see if it's the same. Maybe I will do a fecal sample. Thanks for all the tips

kirkthelizard

Original Poster
AHBD":r1bbn1wj said:
Hi there....this is a fairly common thing with large dragons and can be resolved with the natural laxatives that were mentioned along with warmer than usual baths. Applesauce, baby food prunes , squash with a few drops of veg.oil and/or honey. She WILL go, try not to worry !

She pooped this morning the only thing is that it was a little on the runny side which kind of worries may. I'll probably get a fecal sample done. She looks healthy though. Like I said she eats like crazy and isn't lethargic, I don't see why she would have parasites at all, but I'll find out. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom