Not Poo'ing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had my beardie now since Saturday and he still hasn't had a poo. He has been eating some greens and maybe about 10-15 locusts. Maybe a few more. I have given him 2 baths to try and encourge him but still nothing. I have rubbed his belly to check for impaction but all feels well. He seems active enough but cos I am new to having them I just wanted to check if this is normal for a beardie still settling in. All my temps in the viv are as they should be etc and he looks healthy enough.

Beardys Rock

Hatchling Member
I can't see why he hasn't but carry on with the baths, I'd do 20 minutes a day and maybe give your dragon some fruit.

all should be fine, Mine has gone up to a week without pooing.

:)

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
How old is your beardie?
I ask because baby an young beardies should poop daily sometimes 2-3 times. Adult may poop daily and may not. I have one adult female (Ms.Piggy) she only poops every 7-8 days. :puke:

Still I agree with Beardys Rock keep up the baths. Also you could try some pumpkin or baby applesauce that might get your beardie's bowels moving. :wink:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Okay I have a 7 month old monster too in my crew.
PVT Blaze actually brumated this year, but before he went into brumation he was pooping every 1 to 2 days.
Usually mine go in the bath, but sometimes I have to let them run around the house and get some exercise before they will go.

Hi,
My Beardie Jeff is a year old now and goes every 6-8days generally but as sugessted above baths and excercise are very important to keep things flowing. Even at 6months his bowl movement beame less frequent. 9 times out of 10 when he is due to go he usually times it just right (in the bath or on his dads knee) lol.
J

BuzzL1ghtbeer

Original Poster
Yipee, after 5 days he finally do a poo, and jeez what a big poo it was too. He seems to be settling in well so panic over for noob beardie owner lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JessyMay
Top Bottom