Not in brumation, hunger strike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry is 4-5 years old and has had a great appetite up until October of last year when we got a new baby beardie. When we got Arlo Larry refused to eat and slept a lot, we assumed it was brumation but three months later he is crazy active (runs around the house all day) but is still refusing to eat. He’s never been one for greens but always eats his supers and Phoenix worms, now he’s refusing supers and only eat about three Phoenix worms a day. I’ve gone ahead and made him baby food by blending super worms, calcium, greens, a strawberry and some mixed veggies but how long is it okay to feed him via syringe?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, do you have any pics of him [ full body ] also his set up ? Was he in brumation/sleeping before he became active again ?

Ellentomologist

Hatchling Member
Hiya ThiccShady,

As the other person who responded said, I'd love to see some pics of your babies and their set ups! Might help with advice/suggestions. Can your beardies see each other from their setups?

Best of luck,
-Ellen

ThiccShady

Original Poster
He was never in a full brumation he just slowed down a lot for a month or two and then returned to his regular fully active self.

As for his set up Larry is 18in tip to tail, 1.3 lb in a 40g tank he has a basking lamp and within the last two weeks I replaced his uv with the reptisun 10.0 uv bulb the hottest point his basking spot is 98f and the coolest temp is 82. He has a large water bowl which helps with humidity.

The baby Arlo is in the same setup with slightly warmer temperatures and her tank is 20 g

I am hoping that with the new UV and Heat bulbs I will see some change in his behavior and more of a willingness to eat. Currently he is taking syringe feeding well I just wish he would eat regularly again as our boy is known to have a large appetite

ThiccShady

Original Poster
Ellentomologist":1xjmqb9l said:
Hiya ThiccShady,

As the other person who responded said, I'd love to see some pics of your babies and their set ups! Might help with advice/suggestions. Can your beardies see each other from their setups?

Best of luck,
-Ellen

I’m having trouble posting pictures but pictures of both of them are on their Instagram @littlelemonlarry
Larry has had this setup for 3 years now with no issue , the only difference is getting he baby which he is unable to see from his tank but he can see her on occasion when we have him out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom