Not happy with the Reptisun 10.0 tube!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Hi All,
I'm posting this mainly to vent! First, I realize companies will occasionally have a bad products slip thru inspection.

My son just got a UVB meter as he has beardies too! He brought it to my house to check my ReptiSuns.
The 2 Reptisun 6 month old bulbs I have for Moya and Talon tested at 12 and 13. Bad, I know, but figuring it was time for the change, not surprised.
I did however question the rate of UVB deterioration since just at 6 months they both tested so low. Now, I know it didn't
suddenly get to 6 months and BAM!...drop UVB production. So, I'm wondering how bad it would have tested last month,
and the month before.....but that's not all.
Here's my complaint. I have 2 Reptisuns 10.0 tube I purchased in December when I got Dargo and Zhaan making those bulbs just 3months and 2 weeks old.
Both tested so low it's nuts, not just one, both! One tested at 14 and the other at 15 :shock: Not even enough UVB to help at all! If my son hadn't tested it for me I would have been blissfully believing my beardies were safe under the correct UVB bulb! There's nothing wrong with my sons new UVB meter either. He uses a different bulb and his test high. I am not a happy camper and will be investigating and researching other UVB to find one that I think is more reliable than the Reptisun, which I'm very disappointed in :!:
If it had just been one of the 3 month old bulbs testing in the teens I could say it was a bad bulb got thru..... but 2 of them at the same time.....NOPE, no more ReptiSuns for my guys. I already know about Arcadia. Any other suggestions! Any other bulbs members are using that are reliable?
Amanda

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The test read 14?

Thats not any number i'm used to seeing in uvb tests. Usually you get results much higher then that, even with the crap bulbs.

Curiously, what did the other uvb bulb you tested read out as? I think you might be interpreting the data wrong.

Are the measurements in uW/cm2?

-Brandon

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Brandon,
I have to plead ignorance about the testing. I'm not familiar at all. My son did the test with a handheld meter. I'll get in touch with him and ask.
Thanks for the response! :D
Amanda

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Also the distance the test is being done from the bulb will affect it too, so you should ask him that also :mrgreen:

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom