Not growing, not eating well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Librarylady

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I don't know much about them but do you have a coil uvb bulb? I've heard they can affect their eyes. Did the people before you have a coil? Maybe that's what it is :( hope she's alright. Mine ate 6 crickets this morning. That's almost double what he's been eating!

I'll hop on this train about my little one. I got my beardie about three weeks ago and she seems like such a poor eater. I try to feed her twice a day with dubias, crickets, phoenix worms and greens, but she barely eats anything! I try not to hand feed her the greens because I don't want her to get used to it, but it's so hard to resist at times, the same with crickets and such on tweezers (that's if she doesn't turn her nose to them). I think she's only grown like half an inch since I got her?

I'm trying to be patient and wait out this relocation stress, I think that's it?

Librarylady

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sounds like lots of us are having these problems. I hope our babies are alright :( Mine seems to be doing ok, he's eating a little more. He ate 8 crickets yesterday morning then another 5 in the afternoon which is an improvement. When I got to work this morning he had eaten 4 phoenix worms. He wasn't hungry though, didn't eat any crickets yet today. His colors are starting to get muted, so I still think he may be getting close to a shed. His head is pretty gray and his front legs, and backbone.

Librarylady

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well Norbert is shedding! I see a tiny little place at the base of his tail that's starting to peel and he's been really crazy the past few days, jumped off my shoulder, hissed at me when I tried to catch him etc. He ate about 15 crickets this morning! I think he's growing to. He doesn't look longer but he looks like he's getting some meat on his bones :)

uberglasses, I hope relocation stress is what's going on, I'm pretty new at this though so can't be much help :( Hope your little one is doing well.

Thank you, librarylady! I made my own post about it as well and got some useful suggestions such as partitioning off my tank to make her feel more secure. She's eaten about three medium sized phoenix worms today and a bit of collared greens, so I know she's at least consuming something. Then again, I also hand-fed her. It's so hard not to!

Librarylady

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Cool! Norbert looks terrible. He's so dark and I can tell he just feels bad :( He's puffing his beard and everything. I really hope it's just him getting ready to shed. I can barely even see the spot I thought was shedding yesterday but he's also been scratching his face on his log a lot so.... I'm hoping that's what it is. I tried to just pet him and he jumped away from me. He doesn't usually mind me touching him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom