Not eating

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok I will go look nothing has changed?
Ok what did you update? He is sitting off to the side of the basking lamp in the pic is he still doing that? The temp under the light where its the brightest might be too hot -- and the distance for the UVB is 12-15 inches? where does he sit when he basks under his UVB and for how long?

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
Ok what did you update? He is sitting off to the side of the basking lamp in the pic is he still doing that? The temp under the light where its the brightest might be too hot -- and the distance for the UVB is 12-15 inches? where does he sit when he basks under his UVB and for how long?
The bulb is 6-8 inches away, he no longer sits like that, he bask under the uvb where the log is going down and that is about 13 inches away. I updated the picture and the uvb and stuff a month ago

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The bulb is 6-8 inches away, he no longer sits like that, he bask under the uvb where the log is going down and that is about 13 inches away. I updated the picture and the uvb and stuff a month ago
Ok so hes sitting under the basking light now? Distance is good for UVB -- 6-8 should be good but I would keep an eye on the temp under that light- Is he eating any salads at all ? I would keep watching what and when he is eating- its odd hes not eating every day for as young as he is - normally they eat like a pig -- is he slipping around on the floor of the tank? how is he getting water? Your tile is not flat in the tank do you loose alot of dubias in the cracks of the tile- if you can I would have someone cut your tile pieces w/ a tile saw cutter so you dont get jagged edges and have it flush -- measure from inside the tank - if you have a Home Depot sometimes they will cut it for you --

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
Ok so hes sitting under the basking light now? Distance is good for UVB -- 6-8 should be good but I would keep an eye on the temp under that light- Is he eating any salads at all ? I would keep watching what and when he is eating- its odd hes not eating every day for as young as he is - normally they eat like a pig -- is he slipping around on the floor of the tank? how is he getting water? Your tile is not flat in the tank do you loose alot of dubias in the cracks of the tile- if you can I would have someone cut your tile pieces w/ a tile saw cutter so you dont get jagged edges and have it flush -- measure from inside the tank - if you have a Home Depot sometimes they will cut it for you --
I have a playpen that I feed in, I do not feed in his tank unless it’s something that can’t get out of the bowl. He does eat his salads but he picks out the squash and bell peppers then leaves the rest.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I have a playpen that I feed in, I do not feed in his tank unless it’s something that can’t get out of the bowl. He does eat his salads but he picks out the squash and bell peppers then leaves the rest.
So he likes his squash and peppers :) those will give runny stools but it also provides hydration thus runny stools-- :) I would add in some raw shredded sweet potato that will firm his poop up -

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Some times they just get bored of the same food, maybe try crickets or dubias, something he can chase.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom