Not eating

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
I’ve posted about this once but my beardie ended up eating, now we are back. I got him to eat a few bsfl but he won’t anymore, he turns his nose. I was placing him infront if his bowl but he would just run over it and hide. He hasn’t ate all day, there was a salad but it was left untouched. He should be hungry but he’s not eating. His basking is 103 degrees F which is good for a baby, which he is, meaning he should also be more interested in bugs right?

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I’ve posted about this once but my beardie ended up eating, now we are back. I got him to eat a few bsfl but he won’t anymore, he turns his nose. I was placing him infront if his bowl but he would just run over it and hide. He hasn’t ate all day, there was a salad but it was left untouched. He should be hungry but he’s not eating. His basking is 103 degrees F which is good for a baby, which he is, meaning he should also be more interested in bugs right?
I see your lighting set up is all good, so that’s a plus. Did he only recently stop eating? It could be the change in season messing with him, I know Leo doesn’t eat as much right now. Although, if he shows signs of losing weight it’s cause for a vet visit. Can you weigh him and get a weight on him using a kitchen scale? That way you can monitor him

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
I see your lighting set up is all good, so that’s a plus. Did he only recently stop eating? It could be the change in season messing with him, I know Leo doesn’t eat as much right now. Although, if he shows signs of losing weight it’s cause for a vet visit. Can you weigh him and get a weight on him using a kitchen scale? That way you can monitor him
I’ll try to get ahold of my scale. He was eating fine yesterday but none today

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
Ok so something is off- he should be eating like a horse- please go over your set up temps uvb placement of uvb
Basking is 103 degrees. Uvb is reptisun T5 HO 22’’ placed over basking platform. Basking light is a flukers. Lights are on 12 hours, off 12 hours.

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
Can you post current pics to show his size and also his enclosure ? Does he eat insects besides bsfl ?
He’s asleep rn but I can tomorrow. His enclosure is in my bio but I’m saving for a 120 gallon. I’m trying to find some other than bsfl but bsfl are staples. He ate a few more after I posted that but not all of them and I didn’t give him very much

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He’s asleep rn but I can tomorrow. His enclosure is in my bio but I’m saving for a 120 gallon. I’m trying to find some other than bsfl but bsfl are staples. He ate a few more after I posted that but not all of them and I didn’t give him very much
Where is the UVB inside the tank or top of screen? Fine screen mesh like a screen door it needs to be inside the tank 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece - temp is taken w/ a digital probe thermometer?

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom