Not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

june08

Hello,
My bd is 10 months old and hasn't eaten in just over a week, but is very active early morning and day, he's or her's (not sure) gets a black beard on an off during this active period, i've tried to force feed larsson and he won't even drink any water. The only time lar opens he's mouth is to lick calcium off my finger! I've given lar baths everyother day to hydrate him, he's then knackered around mid afternoon and remains in a slump position over night. What could be wrong with him? I'm really worried........
The viv is to small for him, i am waiting on a new one thats alot bigger so hoping thats all thats wrong with him....

cvisions

Hatchling Member
What kind of lights are you using for UVB and heat?
What are the temps on the basking site and the cool side?
What kind of thermometer are you using to take the temp?
What food are you offering him?

LJean

Extreme Poster
Sometimes when the heating and lighting isn't right they can become lathargic. Is he(she?) ready to shed? They can be grumpy around shedding time too.

ajoe

What UVB bulb are you using? Hopefully, Reptisun 10.0. My beardie had this same problem during the first 2 or 3 weeks I got him. So, if you just got your beardie a couple of weeks ago, I'd say he/she is just adjusting. If not, he/she might have a bug in his/her stomach. Get your beardies stool tested.

june08

Original Poster
Hello,
Thanx for the replys, my boyfriend took lar to the pet shop we got him from today and they said that it's a girl and she's pregnant!
Couldn't believe it, so panic over. Made a little place in the viv where she can lay her eggs, she looks happy now. Thanks again for the reply's,
x june x

LJean

Extreme Poster
She is laying eggs at only 10 months old? She will need some extra care and supplements.

june08

Original Poster
Hiya,
Well i got her in may and she was tiny so i'm guessing she's 10 months, she's still not eating or drinking so i'm just
bathing her and i put some bark down for her to lay her unfertilized eggs. Just waiting now.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom