not eating, watery poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brenna

so over a week ago my beardie stopped eating. she's done this before it seems every time i try to feed her any kind of green besides collards. she'll act like she likes it then suddenly stop eating all together, but she eventually starts eating normally again. This time im a little more concerned. I cant remember if her little fits have ever lasted this long and on top of it her poop is mostly liquid. im not talking diarrhea. She will poop out a small nugget which is fully digested and keeps its shape, but then a pool of just watery stuff will follow. at first i blamed it on the romaine lettuce id just tried to feed her because its supposed to contain alot of water, but then after shed stopped eating i started to feed her green bean baby food from a syringe. thats when only little nuggets came out followed by water, but i blamed that on the baby food being mostly water. but recently ive stopped feeding her the baby food and started shoving collards in her mouth which she will attempt to spit out but i can get her to swallow if im persistent, but her poop appeared the same twice more since i started doing that. her color is yellow, she moves normally, she's pooping, its just a bit odd, poop doesnt stink though. only symptoms are not eating and watery poop.

Heptane

Brenna":ckv1l3n1 said:
but recently ive stopped feeding her the baby food and started shoving collards in her mouth which she will attempt to spit out but i can get her to swallow if im persistent
I can't say if this is a 100% accurate statement or not, but thought I'd pass it along... I've read in several forums that unless you've been directed to do so by a vet, and been given instructions by him/her on how to do it, that it is not a good idea to "force feed" dragons because they may aspirate some of the food into their lungs. Giving her baby food/vitamins/etc from the dropper seems to be the safest/most recommended way of getting nutrients into your little one if they refuse to eat normally.

I wish I had more advice on the actual feces/urate situation, but unfortunately I do not :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EternalAzhrei
Top Bottom