Not eating, shaking! Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kio

Ok so my beardie Kio (Female) was acting normal today when I took her out so she could run around and play. She seemed fine when I put her back into her cage. I grabbed a little bottle that is filled with water and tapped some water on to her mouth. Then she shook, then stopped, then shook again. I removed the bottle when she stopped shaking. A few minutes ago I laid down some greens (cullard, mustard exc.) and some meal warms. Usually she shoots straight for them but today she just looked and them and basked. I am scared. Even though I have only had her for four months I love her lots. So If anyone could tell me whats wrong if there is please tell me ASAP. Here is some information about her:
Name: Kio
Length: About 15" Nose tip to tip of her tail.
Weight: I am not sure
Diet: A mixture of 12 large crickets, cullard greens, the occasional pea, mustard greens, and 3-6 supers, Or a mixture of 13 supers, cullard & mustard greens, and a few small crickets.
Substrate: Repti-carpet and (for warmth) Sani-chips.
Vivarium: 50g
UVB: (Night light) ZooMed Terrarium Hood 41RJ (Day Lamp) ZooMed (I am not sure what it is but if I find out I will tell you)
Tempatures: Cold side 84 degrees Farenheit, basking 110 degrees Farenheit.
Cage Decorations: Tree "House" ( to climb on and play) Rock (Basking and sleeping in) and food,water, and a small super warm dish.
Thanks for your time!

kio

Original Poster
She isn't eating, she only ate one cricket!!!! It would be great if somebody could help!!

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,
Is that Kio in your avatar photo, what a cutie! :D
Can you answer some questions, it will help the experts to help you.

What kind of shaking are you talking about?...was it her entire body, arms and legs involved?...or was it just her head as though she was trying to shake water off? Does she or has she shook or twitched before this?

What UVB bulb do you have? It's important to know the UVB bulb name and how old it is. Good UVB is critical to the manufacturing of their natural vitamin D3 and use of calcium.

Have you been dusting one of the live feedings a day with calcium 5 times a week and vitamins twice a week?

Babies to a year, {some say til a year and a half} old should be fed all the live feeders that they will consume in 10 to 15 minute period, 2 or 3 times a day, it's a lot of feeders a day, they are in their growth phase!

Has her poo changed?....it it loose or runny?...has the smell gotten worse lately?

What are you using to measure temps? You need a probe type thermometer or temp gun to accurately measure the 3 temps in the tank,....basking surface.... hot end....cool end. The dial or strip thermometer the pet shop sell are inaccurate up to 20*. Accurate proper temps are essential to their digestion and all other metabolic functions.

At 10 months old you can start reducing the basking surface temp down to the 102 to 105*F range as you want to start to slowly taper back on temps as they approach adulthood. Adults only need 95 to 100*F basking surface. IMO 110*F basking surface at 10 months is a bit to warm.

Has she had anymore episodes of shaking?
Amanda

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Oh, and I'd get rid of the sani-chips. Anything loose can be accidently ingested causing intestinal issues or impaction. Also loose substrate is very unsanitary for them!
Amanda

kio

Original Poster
Her entire body was shaking, no she has never done it before. Her UVB lights are only a few months old, the day lamp is a reptisun 10.0. Yes I have been dusting her live feeders with calcium 5 (atleast) week I have been giving them vitamins twice a week. Yes her poop has changed its loose and runny and VERY stinky! I use a zoo med one I got from petsmart. Thanks for your time! I love her so much and I am worried about her.

kio

Original Poster
I'll probably won't be able to get rid of those until tommorow or saturday.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Kio....is she still shaking ? If it was a one time thing, it may be she was just shaking to get rid of the water on her head. And a day or 2 of not eating is no real problem, even though it makes you worry. Do you have a picture of her entire body ?

kio

Original Poster
She usually runs around like crazy but shes just sitting there her head down eyes drooping. I'll get a picture of her body and upload it.

kio

Original Poster
Here is how she is right now
Kio015-1.jpg

Thanks for your time!

kio

Original Poster
I'm giving my baby a bath and she pooped twice and it stunk it was very hard two and no urate?? :(

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
dragonlover3":3ux2k21h said:
Oh, and I'd get rid of the sani-chips. Anything loose can be accidently ingested causing intestinal issues or impaction. Also loose substrate is very unsanitary for them!
Amanda

I'd lay a towel over top of those loose sani-chips til you can remove them. It could be contributing to the hard poos if she accidently ingested some. :D
Amanda

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't see any info about the UVB light. Can you fill us in on the brand & type and what the distance is to her?

Also, what type of thermometer are you using and where exactly are you taking the temps? I have to agree that the 110 degrees is a little too hot for a 10 mo old. In the picture, it looks like she is trying to avoid the basking area. If she is avoiding it, she is definitely too hot. I also noticed that the top of her head looked kinda flat like she is somewhat dehydrated and that is actually another sign that the tank is too hot.

Since her poop is so stinky, it would be a good idea to get a fecal checked for parasites as sometimes they can cause the body to shake all over since parasites totally drain their system.

kio

Original Poster
The UVB light is Reptisun 10.0 its about 4 in away from her basking spot. The tank thermomter is a Zoo Med TH-24. I am taking the tempatures in the basking spot and the side farthest away from the Reptisun. I leave it in each place for about 20 minutes. She doesn't drink from her waterbowl so I try and keep her hydrated with bathing and dropping small drops of water on the tip of her nose. I will get a fecal check. Right now I am holding her and she climbed up and as she was doing this her left arm was shaking.

kio

Original Poster
She seems to be doing better, not shaking at all which is good! She is eating too. :blob5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom