Not eating or pooping a lot..

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilahFaye

My beardie, Ricky, lately hasn't been eating many crickets or veggies. I dust his crix with herptivite and repti-cal d3 calcium every other day. His veggies consist of collard greens, butternut squash, and sometimes other things like dandelion greens, mustard greens, escarole, or endive. I lately was giving him superworms as well, but he's lost interest in them as well. Though, he will occasionally eat some veggies. Ricky's also not been pooping often. For the past 2-3 weeks, he's been pooping only every four or five days. Ricky is almost 15 months old, and is 16 inches long (mind that he is missing a piece of his tail.)

He's housed in a 40gal breeder. He also has reptisun 10.0 tube bulb, that was changed recently. His basking temps have been a bit too warm, so I have been aiming to adjust his bulb distance. His cool side temps stay around 80 and the warm side is at 95. Basking spot has been high, as I mentioned, ranging from 115-130 (yikes, I know!)

Should I get his poop checked, or maybe even checked for a RI (it's been a little cold in my apartment when I handle him, and the humidity does get quite high sometimes.)
Thank you for any suggestions!

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Does he try to sleep a lot? I am not too sure about brumating yet as I have yet to travel that road with my dragons but, it sounds kind of like it to me. Is his poop runny or formed? What is the humidity level in his enclosure?

LilahFaye

Original Poster
His poop has been relatively normal, not really runny at all. His humidity is about 40% at the moment. Now that you mention it, he has been trying to sleep lately. I think he's been having trouble though, because it seems he's outgrown his hiding spot. I'll definitely head to the store and pick up a larger one.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
What do you use as a night time heat source if any? His humidity is at the max for a safe level if you ask me too. Is he near a window?
But, the best thing would be to get him a bigger hide, if he is going into brumation. This way he can feel comfortable enough to sleep for longer periods or more frequent periods of time.

LilahFaye

Original Poster
I don't use a nighttime heat source, since my apartment always stays above 75 degrees. I know his humidity is quite high. He is close to a window but it is never open. I usually put on the AC when it gets too humid, and that brings it back down to 30%.

squirell

Hatchling Member
I have been having the same problem. 4X2 enclosure reptisun 10.0 just got it in July. About 103-105 basking temp 75 low side. eats occasionally but has nopt went to the bathroom in almost a week. I have bathed him a few times this week to try and get him to go but he just sits in his tub and hangs out. He has lost quite a bit of interest in food unless there is calci powder on it and even then its not much. He also just kinda hangs out lazily like he wants to go into partial brumation but he is only 8 months old. He is bright and alert still no stress marks.

LilahFaye

Original Poster
Just to confirm, I took Ricky to the vet and got him examined. They didn't think he had a RI, being that he was very alert and they could hear nothing coming from his lungs. So, we got a fecal done. Thankfully, he is completely clean and has no parasites whatsoever. My vet explained that he must be slowing down for the winter-time and may be getting ready to brumate. I'm glad that he's fine, and now I can allow him to brumate without worries. Thanks for the help everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom