Not eating . . .HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He brumated for 3 months, almost to the day. He looks healthy, no apparent weight loss, but he has not eaten since he woke up and it's over two weeks. He had a couple of bites of cucumber the 3rd day awake and another bite yesterday but that's all. He just lies around, eyes his veggies, can't be bothered to go get anything, waits for the end of the day then climbs down and goes to sleep. Repeat next day. I am so so worried he is dying before my eyes. I haven't given crickets yet because there seemed to be no point but do you think the moving food would help? Please answer someone even if you think it's bad news.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
My adults usually take several weeks after waking from brumation before they start eating good again. It seems as if with mine they go better for the bugs in the beginning. Did you have a fecal test done before he went into brumation?

Mrs. Tiggywinkle

Original Poster
Didn't do the fecal test - found out I should have after he'd been asleep for 2 months. Four days ago I tried crickets and he ate 10 of them very greedily. Still will not eat veggies except the 3 pieces of cucumber and has not pooped. I think I will try another warm bath. Maybe it will speed his digestion along. I did give him a bath every week during brumation so I got that part right at least. He's still doing a lot of just staring under the light. One thought I had was this: if it takes several weeks to "wind down" before they sleep,( more and more lethargic, less and less food, ) maybe it just happens in reverse at the other end?? Like, less and less lethargic, more and more food.??

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
if it takes several weeks to "wind down" before they sleep,( more and more lethargic, less and less food, ) maybe it just happens in reverse at the other end?? Like, less and less lethargic, more and more food.??
Pretty much the way I see it... :)
It takes awhile for them to become fully active and awake just like it's a process going into brumation it's a process coming out. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom