not eating crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesuezee

We got Kingsly on Saturday. He ate like a champ on Saturday and Sunday. Took down 10 crickets like it was nothing. Today he has not touched or showed interest in the crickets. We have given him some kale and zucchini and he ate a little of that. We gave him his first bath. I don't think he was ever really in water before, hoping maybe he would poop. Got nothing. He is about 6 months old so I would think that he would still be wanting the crickets. Do you think maybe he is stressed from a new enviroment?

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Carl
It probably is just stress. Just keep an eye on him and see how he is after a week.

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
Stop the kale. It binds to calcium and does not allow him to digest the calcium supplement you are (hopefully) giving him. Other than that, I would agree with NBGwen. He is probably stressed. Continue offering crickets and another green (collard, mustard, dandelion are all good choices). I had mine on kale at first, then I learned that it's not a good choice for them. My little girl loved the curly leaves of it though, so we switched to mustard greens, which are very similar.

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
No problem! I've learned SO much from everyone here that I feel I should help pass on the beardie knowledge. :D

mesuezee

Original Poster
thank you! I am giving him calcium. I have been trying different foods to see what he likes. He did just give us his first poop so maybe he was feeling a little full?? Now to tend to the poop....ugghhh...let it dry or clean up while wetish??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom