not eating crickets (brumation?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
my 1.25 year old beardie used to eat crickets everyday for almost her entire first year. recently, I found a Dubia colony on craigslist and have been feeding her with that. wow does she love roaches! she eats them with passion. However, I got some crickets to change things up and to let the colony gain some numbers. She has ignored the crickets at feeding time and that got me wondering why the sudden change of heart? could it be brumation making her not hungry? she has been a bit sleepier than normal and this being her first fall, is possibly brumation. the big question here is should I continue to offer crickets until she gets hungry enough to eat them or should I try something else?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's possibly brumation. It could just be pickiness and her not needing as much food as before. At that age I'd really push the salads every day and reduce bugs a bit anyway so this might be a good opportunity for that. If she gets into salads your colony will grow out of control =)

SpikeTheLizard

Original Poster
CooperDragon":kpujnkh4 said:
It's possibly brumation. It could just be pickiness and her not needing as much food as before. At that age I'd really push the salads every day and reduce bugs a bit anyway so this might be a good opportunity for that. If she gets into salads your colony will grow out of control =)
She usually ignores her Salad. However, she does love fruit so I’ll use more peaches or something. Peaches and berries in general are her favorites. Any other suggestions for making her salad look yummy?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would limit fruit due to it's sugar content but it's OK as a garnish. I would try slicing or grating squash into worm shapes and put that on top and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom