Not eating- brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katienic

I’m pretty positive my beardie is brumating. It’s been about 2-3 weeks now ( December 11) but I have not been able to get him to eat since then, I’ve even laid freeze dried crickets in front of him which he eats often but he hasn’t even touched them. I’ve tried adding blueberries in his greens and he still won’t touch them. He hasn’t moved or pooped. I know it’s normal in brumation but will he be okay not eating that long?

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Mine is doing the same thing. He hasn't eaten since late November and is up & down, coming out for maybe a day or two then retreating to his hide to sleep for a few more. Each time he's up I turn on his UV and other basking light (I have 2), and offer him food & water. He has no interest in either, so I'm following the advice some of the senior posters gave me, which was to monitor his weight. As long as he isn't losing and isn't showing any signs of distress, he's "normal", whatever that means for a brumating dragon :lol:

I'd weigh yours now if you haven't, because weight loss during brumation could be a sign of parasites, which could be dangerous when he's in this state.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Brumation is different in many dragons. How old is your dragon?
If he/she is holding their weight well, then not eating for a period of time will be just fine. If she
When they brumate most of the time they eat little to nothing for periods of time since their bodies
are so slown down.
We can review your tank setup for you if you need, such as the type/brand of UVB, supplements,
temperatures, etc so we can be sure everything is all correct.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom