Not eating after brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven65

Juvie Member
Nef woke up today and doesn't seem to want to eat.

Usually I would give her a couple days to settle before being concerned but last year was hard on her.

She dislocated her hip (vet said it can't be fixed) she had a RI (treated and gone) and 3 cluthches of eggs and wasn't eating much all last year up to the point when she went to sleep and has lost most of her body weight.

She needs some weight on her, and has no interest in food. I've tried baby food as well and no go so far. She drank some water in the bath this morning, and that's it.

She doesn't like butter worms, horn worms or wax worms on the best of days.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Reptisun 10
2x Digital Probes
95-100hot 70cool (she has been favoring the cool side for a year)
Tile

Desdemona

My bearded dragon always seems to be slow to get back to eating when she wakes up. I usually remedy it by upping the you have to be careful since, of course, you don't want to cook your dragon. I went up less than 10 degrees but it was enough to kick start her and wake her up more. If your dragon likes food that moves around a lot see if you can find some roaches. They can get large and have more of a use able meat ratio to their bodies than superworms.

Seven65

Juvie Member
Original Poster
If I understand correctly, dubias are illegal in Canada :| and I have no desire to buy an infestation of German roaches.

Just ordered some worms; phoenix, wax and super. I'll see how it goes.

When she was a baby the only thing she would eat were phoenix worms, at $20 a container and a three hour $30 round trip to get. But if she didn't have them she wouldn't eat. At this point I'd be glad for her to eat anything even if one of those drums of phoenix worms would be gone in one gulp now. Good to see I can get them shipped now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom