Not digesting Superworms properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie, Dexter is 1 1/2 and I've just started feeding him superworms in addition to crickets and greens. He LOVES them! I dont know how many he would eat if I let him eat to his hearts content, but last week at his first feeding he ate 20 and seemed to have no problems. I've been giving him 10 - 15 a day for the past few days and he's been having regular stools. I came home from church this afternoon to this strange sight in his viv, he's either thrown up, or pooped what looks to be whole, undigested worms.... I"m interested to see what you think. Am I feeding him too many at once?
DSC06879.jpg

DSC06880.jpg

DSC06881.jpg

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
I would hazard that the basking temps weren't warm enough.
I rarely see that when I use Supers. When I do, I tend to check the temps, adjust, and everything is good.
Hope this helps out !
Janie

wes

Juvie Member
If your basking temps are good, here is another possibility:
You should also only feed your pet a few superworms in a sitting. There are instances of Bearded Dragons throwing them back up if they gorge themselves on these. When you begin feeding, only give one or two a day and watch the stool carefully to make sure they are being fully digested before you increase the number.

http://beardeddragoncaresheet.weebly.com/feeding-and-watering.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom