Not Basking??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martadragon017

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Recently I weighed Marta again so find that she had lost more weight instead of gaining back what she had lost before. Other than that, I don't think much else has changed except for the fact that she seems to be basking more normally, or at least she stays on the basking spot when I put her on it until an hour or two before her lights turn off. She still isn't eating very many greens, but has an endless appetite for BSFL. I talked with a couple of people about the situation and my mother told me that it could be okay that she is losing some weight since she had gained it before this?? She thought that maybe Marta had gained the weight so that she could lose it later for some reason? I was wondering if that could be a possibility, or if it's something more serious. Right now she seems to be at about her normal weight, although I can't really tell since I don't know where exactly she started gaining from this, or if the weight gain is her just growing, although I would have thought that at 2 years she would stop. Her weight's a little lower than what she was a month ago, but quite a bit higher than what she weighed two months back.

Martadragon017

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay, I think I may have figured out what's wrong. It looks like the answer was sitting in my original post all along. So, I was just rereading my first post, and I noticed that I had mentioned that she was eating red bell peppers, so, since I was getting really worried and she was starting to lose weight, I decided to try giving her more of those since we had them again, and, what do you know, she started eating like never before! She ate the entire bowl! I then tried giving her some clover, and she ate that two! It's been a couple of days since I've been feeding her everything but dandelions and she has been going out to bask by herself, has already pooped twice and gained back 20 grams!!! It turns out that Marta just grew bored of eating dandelions, and decided to refuse them altogether, and when I noticed she wasn't eating, I was giving her only dandelions since they are a good staple while the other things I was feeding her along with them weren't, and I wanted the food she was eating to be healthy, but that just made things worse!I so glad that she's getting better, and I've learned my lesson: Marta can be very, VERY, stubborn. :lol:

Martadragon017

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah, that's why I had been reluctant to give it to her. Now that I know that she just doesn't want dandelions I'll look into some other staples. Thank you for all the help! :D

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I keep bell peppers on somewhat regular rotation (they aren't all that popular with my guy). If they are part of a nice varied diet, then they can be added regularly if they are a favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom