Not acting himself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovmybeardie

Hatchling Member
Had a question as I am a tad worried about Kien this am.
He was more active yesterday but a slow start this am. He didn't feel like basking and kept going to the cool ends (in the high 70s to low 80s) he basking area is about 110 and had a UVB tube 10. He has plenty of area to run around bask and sit under uv at many different levels. He gets fresh veggies every morning and crickets dusted with cal and vitamins once a week. He also gets water through a dropper as he doesn't use his water dish. So that that a quick background.
Well he didn't want much of his veggies this am ( one bite really) then he finally went under his light. Well while under there he look bloated and also had his beard puffed out. He seemed more bloated this am and just not his out going self. Thoughts??

O yea and he just finished shedding
86707-2891150499.jpg
86707-9317291742.jpg
86707-9611391178.jpg

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. He's a cutie pie :D Actually he needs to be fed crickets 2x a day and he needs to have his crickets dusted with calcium 5x a week vitamins 2x a week. As far as veggies go when they are young they don't really eat them. Just keep offering every day. Right now his diet needs tobe 80% protein and 20% veggies.

Lovmybeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for your response :)
Sorry I miss spoke in my earlier message ??
I do feed him crickets 2x a day :) and dust them both feedings but I feel I am giving to much cal....
How many crickets each meal?

But I wasn't doing the vitamins

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Just a light coat of calcium. Put some in the bottom of a small cup and shake the crickets gently until they're evenly coated. I suggest offering them in small batches so they're easier to track. Offer as many as he wants in about 10 minutes per feeding or until he loses interest. The actual number will vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom