Not a good way to end the year... I'll miss you so much Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenngib

I woke up this morning to feed Puff, like every morning. When I went to pick up I realized we lost him... I'm going to miss you so much Puffers. It"s already so lonely without you...

I want to thank everyone for thier advise. I'm more of a "lirker" than a poster. I'm on here almost everyday watching your beardies grow with mine. It's so weird that I'm in a beardieless home but someday I may get another one, just not now.

quigleysmom

Juvie Member
Oh God I am so sorry! Had your beardie been sick or was this a sudden thing? I know it is painful to talk about, but if it is not too much could you let us know what happened so that we may learn from your situation. Maybe something positive could come from it. I dont know. Either way it is awful to lose a beloved companion. My deepest sympathies to you. :cry:

jenngib

Original Poster
I found out Puff had parasites about 3 months ago. After his meds and going back to the vet he was given a clean bill of health. No parasites and his blood work and xrays were good. Unfortunatly he never regained his apitite. He lost so much weight and the vet said there was nothing wrong with him. I've been hand feeding him for about a month with babyfood and jumpstart. He's been slowing down and I felt so helpless. I took him to the vet again last week because he was so weak and thin. It broke my heart. He told me that I should consider putting him to sleep but I just couldn't do it. Puffs my baby and I couldn't give up without a fight. Two days ago he was actually showing some improvement. He even ate on his own. Now I see it was my Christmas gift from him to me, one last time to spend so quality time together. I've tried to prepare myself for his journey to heaven but it's still a horrible shock to wake up to. Holding my lifeless friend and companion in my hands is something that I couldn't prepare for.

quigleysmom

Juvie Member
Thank you for sharing. My own beardie had parasites and I was so scared. He has been eating less and less over the last few weeks. I am glad you had one last christmas with Puff. Hugs to you.

jenngib

Original Poster
kezzer":10ot4hkp said:
how old was puff xxxx hav you had puff from being a baby ???

I've got Puff when he was only a month old. He was such a jumpy little thing! I fell in love with him at first sight, or first glass dance I should say. He was almost a year old. He was so young.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry for your loss of Puff, especially around the holidays. :cry:
WE are all here if you need us!

Tracie

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm soooo sorry. I know how you hurt. When we lost our first two girls, it helped us to get Redrock and Sandstone. When we lost Redrock (Sandstone disappeared after we'd only had him/her for 4 months) we had gotten Goldie about 3 days before Redrock injured her head, which turned out to be fatal 10 days later. I've learned soo much more about beardies from this site about 2 months or so after we lost Sandstone, we weren't sure how to tell a female from a male at that time.

anyway, I'm really sorry Puff died. It's entirely possible Puff wasn't entirely healthy, I can't be sure about that, of course.

jenngib

Original Poster
Thank you everyone so much for making me feel better about this. To be honest I would've never thought I could love a reptile so much. He just kind of wiggled his way into my heart, like he did when he fell asleep on me. I'm not going to give up on bearded dragons, like I said, I would like to get another. I'm still going to "lirk" around. I've fallen in love with your beardies too and I want to know about their little adventures and watch them grow up and change too. I'll alway have a very special place in my heart for Puff. He was my little man :) Again, thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom