Nose shed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agave had some nostril shed about a month or two ago. Being the dumb person I am, I pulled them out without looking it up. I found out it can damage his nose, I'm pretty sure he's ok, since it's been awhile but that made me wonder, can you pull off loose skin? He molts a ton since he's a baby (I call him he but I don't know his gender) and I've been trying not to pull it off. Can I?

MsCarter

Juvie Member
Definitely do not pull it off. You can cause scarring and other issues by doing so. You can soak him in a warm bath (about as warm as you'd make it for a baby) for 15-20 minutes. This will help loosen the skin a little and make it easier for him to get it off on his own. It's always best to allow the skin to come off on its own unless you have a dragon with stuck shed. In that case there are better options than pulling it off such as 100% aloe Vera mixed into the warm bath water for him to soak in, and using a SOFT tooth brush to help loosen things up.

lonelysnek

Original Poster
MsCarter":3r9oi86c said:
Definitely do not pull it off. You can cause scarring and other issues by doing so. You can soak him in a warm bath (about as warm as you'd make it for a baby) for 15-20 minutes. This will help loosen the skin a little and make it easier for him to get it off on his own. It's always best to allow the skin to come off on its own unless you have a dragon with stuck shed. In that case there are better options than pulling it off such as 100% aloe Vera mixed into the warm bath water for him to soak in, and using a SOFT tooth brush to help loosen things up.
Thanks! I give him baths about once a week, and I make sure to spray his branch so I've got that covered. But I'll definitely make sure not to pull it off!

MsCarter

Juvie Member
No problem. I know how tempting it can be lol. My dragon currently has some hanging off her mouth and it's driving her crazy. As much as I'd love to just take care of it for her I know it will fall off once it's ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom