Norris Notes - Two years already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
oldgrape.jpg

Though he insists those are pecks and not man/lizard boobs.

YOU DO NOT REALIZE HOW HARD THAT MADE ME LAUGH. :blob8: :lol: :blob5:

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
RDOYLE: Thanks! I just click the button, Norris has to make a pose. Nice new pictures of Axel, btw!

PumpkinJelly: We aim to please! Norris keeps telling me how impossible it is for a lizard to even HAVE boobs..that whole no milk defense is only going so far..I mean, he just needs to look in a mirror!

TAG: I know! I got a good glare for a while! But our house is way too cold for more than short romps.

I found my boy all curled up under his log this morning. Turns out sometime during the night we lost power to the heat in the room. His viv is still warm though. He still had his ceramic emitter going. but the room was only 60F when I came in and it might have dropped lower so I doubt his CHE kept up his normal temps. It's 78F right now where he is curled up which might be why he doesn't feel like basking.

I've got some more veggie cutting to get out of the way then I'll post his curled up photo. Want to stay ahead on the veggies. I'm too sleepy in the morning to wield a knife!

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
PumpkinJelly: We aim to please! Norris keeps telling me how impossible it is for a lizard to even HAVE boobs..that whole no milk defense is only going so far..I mean, he just needs to look in a mirror!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. I'm still cracking up! Just buy him a bra. Maybe if he puts it on and it fits then he'll accept the fact that he has boobs! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Norris, not at the best in the morning! He just exudes sleepy to me, but I guess I'm used to his moods.

212Hidding.jpg

Poor guy, his lips are even more ready to shed...might be why he slept in/hid later than usual. Truly, he normally just sleeps on his bask because he is supremely lazy.

Oh, fun fact I found out from a AP article today. Shellac is made of a beetle extract. The lac beetle. So my 100% non toxic job on Norris' new viv is made with bugs. No wonder he likes it! :D

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
PumpkinJelly":20hahpqn said:
Norris is just like "Go away". hahaa. He's a big cutie though! Love the pictures!
He really was! He was not in the mood to do anything.

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Norris gave us about two (very long) seconds of terror this morning when we realized that one of his viv doors was open. We aren't sure how it got open either which is worrying. He was out! He was also staring up at us from right under his viv like "Hey Trees! This is fun! You need to leave that open more!!"
He has spent the last hour near the door that was open earlier (he has four) looking longingly at the outside. He needs more romp time but it's just been too cold! Soon Norris.

Sorry, no pictures. There was too much panic! Then laughing. :shock:

Menolly07

Juvie Member
...... So.. There is a CHANCE.. He may have done it himself. I keep saying, "The day these damn cats grow thumbs....." So now I need to worry about Beardies and doors. You know..... Those whatsitcalledsauraususes opened doors in Jurassic Park. I'm just saying.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Oh my, how scary!!! That happened with Kazi once-we found him sleeping behind his viv lol!

Great new pics-Norris is too cute and funny!

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
If he did it himself, I have no idea how he did it. There isn't a lock but it takes a fair amount of force to open. I can only imagine that we didn't close it quite all the way and then he glass danced it open ...he was under his viv, peeping out at us looking VERY PROUD of himself. He was also close to the dubia feeder box. I'm sure that was not a coincidence!

Christina,I bet it was less than a minute but it was 45 seconds or so of terror. My heart started racing like crazy! I had just finish reading the thread about the beardie who was missing for so long in the house and that immediately popped into my head. I'm not surprised to hear that Kazi Monkey found his way out at least once! :p Norris has been posing like crazy lately but I'm only catching about half his antics on film. I've started keeping the camera on my desk!

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Norris has not managed to get back out again so I can only assume that we were at fault. BAD US! :oops:

Here is Norris just a few days ago (right before his lips finally finished shedding)
Norris proves that some days it's really Too Much Work to even be a bump on a log!
slidebask.jpg

These two photos are from this evening after Norris hunted down and chowed on 15 fair sized dubia nymphs. I was trying to get a picture of his spikes and plumpness when a cat came too close and Norris gave him a half hearted puff of a beard. He really hasn't done the whole male black beard thing yet. Lots of baby grumpy gray but once he hit juvie, he pretty much stopped.

sidebaskA.jpg

Sidebask.jpg

I didn't notice until after I uploaded the pictures how silly he looks, squatting there with his leg all bent.

Size update:
Still at 19.25
Weight had a big jump. He's 433 grams! :shock: :shock: :shock:
That was a little over 9 grams a day. I guess he is focused on growing out now instead of long. We are starting to consider his future diet plans and will be weighing and measuring a bit more often to see if he's hit his adult stride. His diet is about 50/50 greens to bugs at the moment and we'll keep it like that until he is all grown. We happily take suggestions on this.
Oh and as another update, I think we finally got his #2 all taken care of. We believe that it was the water crystals that his feeders sometimes had access to. Since we have removed them completely from our cricket and dubia colonies, no more diarrhea!!!

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Norris is starting to really get those behind the front arm fat reserves. I'm kind of wondering about that. Not having watched a bearded dragon mature before I just sort of wonder. Do I have to invest in a repto treadmill? :p

2/14 edit: Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EternalAzhrei
Top Bottom