Normal poop?? (pic)

aiyoume

Some background: I had taken my beardie to the vet last month for a routine check up and fecal test. Everything about her came back ok except they noticed abnormal amounts of bacteria in her poop. She was given an antibiotic (metronidazole), which she took for a 7 days, and a probiotic (sivomixx), which she took for about 9 days. She seemed to struggle to poop since the vet visit but they became more solid than they were before…

This is her most recent poop, but it took her 12 days to pass it. That part in the middle concerns me, what is it??? And why is it that color?? I do feed her bell peppers occasionally.

Attachments

• IMG_5599.jpeg
    IMG_5599.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 86

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Looks pretty normal.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Some background: I had taken my beardie to the vet last month for a routine check up and fecal test. Everything about her came back ok except they noticed abnormal amounts of bacteria in her poop. She was given an antibiotic (metronidazole), which she took for a 7 days, and a probiotic (sivomixx), which she took for about 9 days. She seemed to struggle to poop since the vet visit but they became more solid than they were before…

This is her most recent poop, but it took her 12 days to pass it. That part in the middle concerns me, what is it??? And why is it that color?? I do feed her bell peppers occasionally.
Looks good overall- the part that gets me is the urate, it looks… grey? And possibly a bit dry, did you feel it? What was its consistency, hard or soft? Is this colour normal for her or is this a new development?

I’m not sure, actually. It could have been the meds messing with her system, someone else might be able to give you a better answer.

If this happens again and she can’t pass stool for a few days, try feeding her some pumpkin or baby food. That’ll get her bowel movement going pretty quick, you could also try a warm bath in lukewarm water.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudeGurl
Top Bottom